Author's Perspective: You may be wondering why we are discussing cancer on a diabetes website. Actually, there are some biological connections and similarities with both diseases, which will be discussed shortly.
It's unfortunate, but many people suffer and die unnecessarily from heart disease, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and other similar systemic diseases. Coincidentally, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes generate billions of dollars for the medical industry, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, and insurance companies.
In addition, billions of dollars have been donated to scientific research to find a cure for these diseases. If we assume that doctors, biochemists, scientific researchers, and other medical experts are pretty smart people, then, where are all the cures? Are you telling me that with all of these smart people that no one has found a cure for any of these diseases? Really?
It's amazing to me that recently there were two studies that came out that showed a connection between cancer and diabetes. And, another study came out to show a connection between diabetes and Alzheimer's. It took over 70 years to figure this out? Really?
Several years ago when I was writing my first book (Death to Diabetes), I identified this same connection during my research about cellular biology, pathology and pathogenesis relative to systemic disease pathology, especially for cancer, diabetes obesity, and heart disease. It really wasn't that difficult to figure out that there was a connection between these diseases ...
Cancer and Diabetes
Cancer and diabetes are definitely "connected". Just like diabetes and high blood pressure are connected. Just like diabetes and heart disease are connected.
But, Western Medicine treats each of these diseases as separate pathologies that require different pharmaceutical drug protocols. As a result, you could be taking as many as 17 pills a day to treat your diseases! And, none of these drug protocols address how to cure the diseases or, at least, slow down their progression!
Why? Because "disease treatment" (with drugs) has become a multi-billion dollar business. There's no money in giving people the cure for any of these diseases.
But, the good news is that you can use plant-based nutritional strategies such as the Death to Diabetes Diet to help treat your cancer and other similar diseases.
Why? Even though cancer and diabetes are two entirely different diseases, there are some similarities with these diseases that benefit from a plant-based diet.
Cancer and Diabetes Similarities
Although cancer is an entirely different disease than Type 2 diabetes, during my research, I realized that there were some similarities between these two diseases. Here are some of those similarities:
Risk factors: Poor diet, lifestyle, ethnicity, obesity.
Nutrient deficiencies: Vitamin D, Vitamin C.
Blood cells affected: Diabetes affects red blood cells; cancer affects white blood cells.
Immune system: Both diseases are triggered due to a weakened immune system. Both diseases also weaken the immune system, which leads to more frequent infections.
Acidic environment: Both diseases flourish in an acidic type terrain inside the body characterized by excess sugar and toxins, enabling both disease to easily spread.
Fatigue: Diabetes blocks glucose entry into cells so cells can't produce ATP. Cancer cells consume most of the glucose, starving the normal (non-cancerous) cells.
Nutritional needs: Both diseases require superior nutrition to fight the disease and change the body's acidic environment. Both diseases respond very well to raw foods, raw juicing and a plant-based diet.
Common Foods: Some of the foods that fight both diabetes and cancer include vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, broccoli and kale, other cruciferous vegetables, raw juicing, wild salmon, wheat grass, garlic, onions, flaxseed, blueberries, and filtered water, just to name a few.
Blood glucose control: Blood glucose control appears to be important for both diseases. Ideally, your average fasting blood glucose should be 80 to 99 mg/dL.
Interesting Side Note: Diabetics already know that they need to control their blood glucose. But, it appears that most people with cancer (who are not diabetic) are not told that they need to manage their blood sugar!
Inflammation: At the cellular level, both diseases are fueled by chronic inflammation, which causes major cellular and tissue damage.
Damage to multiple organs: Both diseases cause major damage to multiple tissues and organs.
Cell repair and healing: Both diseases inhibit or slow down cell repair and healing at the cellular level, causing both diseases to progress at accelerated rates.
Alternative medicine: Dietary changes and alternative treatment strategies are not recognized or supported even though there is a lot of evidence that supports the effectiveness of these types of strategies.
Note: As discussed in our online science classes, most systemic and lifestyle-driven diseases and health problems are fueled by one or more of the following biological dysfunctions, which are the pre-cursors to most systemic diseases:
- Biochemical/Hormonal Imbalances
- Impaired Digestion/Absorption
- Impaired Immunity
- Impaired Repair/Healing
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Oxidative Stress
Why is this important? Because once you realize this, then, it becomes easier to understand how to fight these diseases.
What is Cancer?
Note: We are not cancer experts, so the following information was extracted from several cancer-related websites.
Cancer (medical term: malignant neoplasm) is a class of diseases in which a group of cells display uncontrolled growth, invasion that intrudes upon and destroys adjacent tissues, and sometimes metastasis, or spreading to other locations in the body via lymph or blood. These three malignant properties of cancers differentiate them from benign tumors, which do not invade or metastasize.
Cancers are classified by the type of cell that the tumor resembles and is therefore presumed to be the origin of the tumor. These types include:
- Carcinoma: Cancer derived from epithelial cells. This group includes many of the most common cancers, including those of the breast, prostate, lung and colon.
- Sarcoma: Cancer derived from connective tissue, or mesenchymal cells.
- Lymphoma and leukemia: Cancer derived from hematopoietic (blood-forming) cells
- Germ cell tumor: Cancer derived from pluripotent cells. In adults these are most often found in the testicle and ovary, but are more common in babies and young children.
- Blastoma: Cancer derived from immature "precursor" or embryonic tissue.
Cancers are usually named using -carcinoma, -sarcoma or -blastoma as a suffix, with the Latin or Greek word for the organ or tissue of origin as the root. For example, a cancer of the liver is called hepatocarcinoma; a cancer of fat cells is called a liposarcoma.
For some common cancers, the English organ name is used. For example, the most common type of breast cancer is called ductal carcinoma of the breast. Here, the adjective ductal refers to the appearance of the cancer under the microscope, which suggests that it has originated in the milk ducts.
Cancers are primarily an environmental disease with 90-95% of cases attributed to environmental factors and 5-10% due to genetics.
Common environmental factors that contribute to cancer death include: tobacco (25-30%), diet and obesity (30-35%), infections (15-20%), radiation (both ionizing and non-ionizing, up to 10%), stress, lack of physical activity, and environmental pollutants.
Natural Treatment for Cancer
In general, the optimum alternative treatment protocol for cancer and diabetes is a raw food diet combined with raw juicing therapy, exercise therapy, detox therapy, and emotional/spiritual therapy.
The keys to optimum wellness include:
- Knowledge, e.g. good health-related books
- Effective Diet, e.g. plant-based diet
- Good tools, e.g. a good juicer, a high-powered blender
- Positive Attitude (get rid of the excuses and negativity)
- Supportive environment (get rid of the complainers and toxic relationships)
- Positive Actions (based on the knowledge)
For diabetes and high glucose therapy, get a book such as Death to Diabetes to stabilize blood glucose levels and use multiple alternative therapies, e.g. raw foods, raw juicing, whole foods, detox, exercise, food-based supplementation, emotional support, spirituality, etc.
For cancer therapy, get one of the top natural treatment cancer books or get our new Cancer Prevention & Cure ebook to understand how to fight your cancer naturally (without drugs).
In general, the best way to restore the body to wellness is by eating raw vegetables and other cancer-fighting foods, while drinking large quantities of raw, freshly-extracted vegetable juices. The vegetables and its juices provide the body with concentrated building materials so the body can repair and heal itself.
The first part of the body that will restore when given the proper nutrients is the immune system. As the immune system restores, then it seeks out the trouble spots throughout the body and starts to heal them. And it doesn't matter what the symptoms are, the body is self-healing when we stop the disease and provide the body's cells with the proper raw nutrients.
Cancer Nutrition-related Tips
Some of the most effective nutrition-related strategies include the following:
- Eat as many of the top cancer-fighting foods as possible to strengthen your immune system.
- Strengthen your immune system with the raw foods, detox, and raw juicing.
- Eat only raw organic vegetables, very little fruit.
- Eat all of the raw vegetables (and some fruit) that you can stand to eat. Constantly.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin D and selenium (i.e. oily fish, Brazil nuts).
- Eat raw garlic -- lots of it.
- Follow a well-balanced mostly raw diet per the Super Meal Model.
- Implement raw vegetable juicing, and drink raw vegetable juice at least 3-6 times a day.
- Drink at least 1 quart of carrot juice and 1 pint of celery juice every day. That may sound like a lot, but a quart is only 4 cups.
- Cleanse/detox periodically -- at least every 3 months. Use high-quality organic herbs and herbal tinctures.
- Take two tablespoons of unrefined organic flaxseed oil every day.
- Eat raw almonds with breakfast and lunch meals.
- Avoid all dairy products except raw (unpasteurized, unhomogenized) goat’s milk, and yogurt made from the same.
- Avoid all "dead" processed foods.
- Don’t eat cooked meat, or processed foods at all.
- Avoid all processed foods, especially those containing flour, sugar, soy, or vinegar.
- Avoid most supplements except food-based and herbal tincture-based supplements such as unprocessed cod liver oil, organic flaxseed, gingko biloba, cayenne, bilberry, etc.
- Avoid OTC and prescriptions drugs like the plague!
Note: For more information, refer to our new Cancer Prevention & Cure Cancer ebook.
If possible, work with your oncologist and a licensed alternative healthcare professional to develop the optimum alternative therapy for you.
Note: For more details about cancer treatment strategies, refer to the Death to Cancer Blog and websites such as the Cancer Tutor., Gershon Institute, Burzynski Clinic, and Alternative Cancer, just to name a few.
Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2016. Death to Diabetes, LLC. All rights reserved.