Author Sidebar: When I was diabetic, there were times when I struggled with getting my blood glucose to come down. At other times, I struggled with unstable blood glucose levels, where my blood glucose would spike for no reason.
This was very frustrating, especially when I thought that I was doing everything correctly in terms of eating right and exercising.
During my research, I discovered that after some people with diabetes have started to eat properly and exercise on a consistent basis, they reach a “wall” where they are unable to lower their blood glucose level below a certain point or their blood glucose spikes for no apparent reason.
In addition, they find it almost impossible either to gain or lose any more weight. Why does this happen? How can this be fixed?
In most cases, this is due to the body’s toxic load preventing metabolism and energy production. In addition, as a self-protective mechanism, fat cells hold on to the toxins to prevent them from being released into your bloodstream. As a result, your body cannot metabolize and burn fat, making it almost impossible to lose weight, especially the fat in the belly area.
In addition, these fat cells trigger inflammation markers that cause an immune response that, in turn, may lead to spikes in cortisol, adrenaline and blood glucose. And, in the meantime, the liver is under a tremendous strain because it's processing the food and the medications while dealing with the problems associated with diabetes.
And, depending on the person's specific pathology, other organs such as the colon, kidneys, lymphatic system and pancreas may also be struggling with functioning properly.
For diabetics who are not eating properly and exercising on a consistent basis, their excess toxic load is definitely affecting their liver and other organs, preventing proper metabolism and energy production. For diabetics who are eating properly and exercising, their toxic load may be less, but, it may still affect their liver and other organs.
More importantly, this also prevents diabetics from being able to reverse their diabetes naturally, because their bodies are under such a tremendous toxic load.
Cleansing-and-detoxification is a set of normal biochemical processes performed by the body's liver, colon, kidneys and other organs to remove chemicals, toxins and impurities from the cells, blood, and tissues.
These biochemical processes help to prevent and fight diseases like Type 2 diabetes on a continual basis and to keep the body as healthy as possible. These cleanse-and-detoxification processes are optimized when you eat healthy foods and exercise on a consistent basis.
However, in our fast-paced world it can be difficult to find the time to prepare healthy meals and exercise, especially, given our schedules and the easy availability and accessibility of convenience and fast foods.
Unfortunately, after a period of years of abuse, our bodies pay a heavy toll for living a sedentary lifestyle and eating unhealthy convenience foods, fast foods, and processed foods.
To compound the problem, our bodies are also bombarded with thousands of chemicals and pollutants on a daily basis from the air, water and environment.
As depicted in the following diagram, there are 5 major types of toxins that poison our cells and tissues:
- Organic chemicals
- Heavy metals
- Food additives
- Metabolic waste products
- Emotional toxins (Note: This is the one we overlook!)
These toxins inhibit the body's healing processes, which prevents you from being able to lose weight and reverse your diabetes naturally.
Under this heavy barrage of toxins, the cells become sick and the human body eventually reaches a point where it is no longer capable of flushing toxins and acid waste on its own.
As the toxins and acid waste accumulate in the cells, blood, tissues, and organs, they trigger an increase in inflammation/oxidation, the formation of pathogenic bacteria, fungus and mold, and lead to a state of poisoning commonly referred to as toxicity.
Over the years, toxins from food and the environment accumulate in the fat adipose tissues. These tissues release pro-inflammatory chemicals that cause more inflammation and oxidative stress. In addition, the body holds onto this fat for protection, making it difficult to lose weight and burn belly fat.
This is one of the many reasons why cleanse-detox is important for diabetics and overweight people; and, why it's a key step in the Death to Diabetes Wellness Program.
Common symptoms of toxicity include headaches, fatigue, increased allergy symptoms, overall aches and pains (particularly joint pain), and digestive discomfort. These symptoms occur when the body has become so clogged with toxins that it can no longer perform necessary functions effectively.
Toxins are generally acquired in one of three ways: through things we ingest (such as foods, drinks, drugs, negative thoughts, etc.); through external sources (such as the air we breath, radiation, environmental chemicals, etc.); and, internally by the body’s own metabolic processes.
Over the past decade, extensive research has found that if the body’s detoxification system is sluggish, toxins will accumulate, slowing down cellular energy production, increasing the number of tissue-damaging free radicals, and putting a strain on our gastrointestinal system, including the pancreas (which provides digestive enzymes to break down the food).
In addition, pathogenic bacteria continue to multiply faster than the immune system can kill them and remove their debris, creating an overloading and clogging of the lymphatic system and various organs.
This can eventually lead to various systemic diseases/ailments such as chronic fatigue, weight gain, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, cancer, fibromyalgia, and Alzheimer’s.
In the meantime, the body’s detoxification and excretory organs struggle to effectively remove the toxins, excess glucose, and acid waste.
The key detoxification and excretory organs include:
- Lymphatic system
The liver is the primary organ that performs the detoxification. The liver accomplishes this by using specific enzymes to transform the toxins into intermediate chemicals; and, other enzymes to transform the intermediate chemicals into harmless water-soluble substances that are then excreted in the bile or urine. But, if the liver becomes sluggish, clogged, or impaired, these toxins can begin to accumulate in the body’s tissues and blood.
Consequently, it is very important that the liver is kept as healthy as possible. Ironically, when we don’t feel well, we take an over-the-counter or prescription drug, which is toxic and only puts more stress on an already deteriorating liver and suppresses the symptoms, making us think we’re okay.
The colon (or large intestine) is important to cleansing and detoxification because it removes the unwanted fecal waste and other toxins. Discomfort in the colon usually manifests itself as something such as diarrhea or constipation.
Unfortunately, our response to this is usually a drug, such as a laxative, to “force” the elimination of the fecal waste. But many of the other toxins are left behind and reabsorbed into the bloodstream attacking the tissues and organs, and producing their own pathogenic bacteria that attack the body’s weakest points.
These attacks manifest themselves in the form of aches and pain in the back, joints, stomach, and head, and, then onto the other tissues and organs. This leads to more discomfort and more drugs, followed by more diseases, stronger drugs, hospital visits, and eventually death – unless the toxins are removed.
The kidneys are important to cleansing and detoxification because they filter the blood (210 quarts a day) by eliminating toxins and waste materials from the blood, and for maintaining the electrolyte balance by selectively eliminating some electrolytes while retaining others, according to the body’s needs.
Electrolytes include sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and chloride. These electrolytes are important because they are used by the cells to maintain voltages across the cell membranes and carry electrical impulses (e.g. nerve impulses, muscle contractions) across themselves and to other cells.
The kidneys also help regulate other bodily functions by secreting the hormones renin, erythropoietin, and prostaglandin. Renin helps control blood pressure, erythropoietin stimulates the body to produce more red blood cells, and prostaglandin helps control blood pressure, muscle contractions, and inflammation.
The high levels of glucose in the blood and the accumulation of acids in the kidneys cause the formation of kidney stones and ultimately cause kidney cells to die. Because kidney cells cannot be regenerated or repaired, the remaining cells have to work that much harder to filter substances from the blood.
In order to help with the filtering process, the heart increases the flow of blood plasma to the kidneys, which in turn elevates blood pressure. As the kidney cells continue to die, the risk of kidney failure increases dramatically.
The lymphatic system is also important to proper cleansing and detoxification. As the blood circulates, providing nutrients and oxygen to all parts of the body, the lymphatic system accumulates dead bacteria and toxins that need to be removed.
Lymphatic vessels are situated intricately alongside blood vessels, relying upon body movement to move the lymph fluid around to collect and drain away toxins and dead bacteria through the lymph nodes and skin (pores).
Most cleanse/detox programs do not bother to even mention the pancreas! But, cleansing and detoxifying the pancreas is very important for all diabetics.
For Type 2 diabetics, the pancreas is overworked because it is excreting too much insulin to meet the demands of high glucose levels. And, for Type 1 diabetics, the pancreas is excreting little or no insulin because the beta cells are either damaged or dormant, due to a faulty immune system response and harmful pathogens and viruses.
So, in both cases, the pancreas needs to cleansed and nourished to help it function better and under less stress.
In addition, the pancreas is involved in our digestion by secreting digestive enzymes that help the body with the absorption and assimilation of key macronutrients and micronutrients.
If you are a smoker, then, cleansing and detoxifying your lungs is imperative. In fact, we strongly recommend that you stop smoking if you really want to reverse your diabetes.
If the colon, liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, and other body systems are working properly, the body will cleanse and detoxify itself to get rid of the excess toxins.
And, as long as the body is provided with the proper nutrients, the body will continue to cleanse and detoxify itself.
However, if you have a systemic degenerative disease/ailment such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, indigestion, or constipation, then, your body and its cells are sick and full of excess toxins, and are unable to cleanse and detoxify properly.
And, if your cells can't remove the toxins, then, your cells can't repair and heal themselves. This is a key point to understand because if your cells can't repair the damage being caused by your diabetes, then, it will be difficult to stabilize your blood glucose levels. You may be able to temporarily lower your blood glucose, but, eventually, it will start to creep back up.
As a result, you will not be able to keep your diabetes under control; and, you definitely won't be able reverse your diabetes.
Bottom-line: You will need to help your body perform the cleansing and detoxification.
The good news is that there are 7 key detox strategies that you can use to cleanse and detoxify your cells, tissues and organs to help reverse your Type 2 diabetes:
- Superior Nutrition
- Raw Juicing & Green Smoothies
- Raw Food Diet
- Herbal Therapy/Supplementation
- Exercise Regimen
- Sauna Therapy
- Cleanse-Detox Products
Specific examples of these detox strategies include the following:
- Consume the 5 live" super foods
- Avoid the 5 "dead" processed foods
- Eat primarily raw foods
- Drink raw vegetable juices
- Use a detox diet
- Use a fasting diet
- Use a plant-based diabetes diet
- Exercise daily
- Use sauna therapy
- Use organic herbal therapy
- Use cleanse-detox products
- Use spirituality to detox your mind
- Use a combination of the above therapies
Eating “live” super foods (e.g. the Death to Diabetes Super Meal Diet) is one of the best ways to help your body with the cleansing and detoxification until your body is healthy enough to perform the cleansing and detoxification on its own.
If you want to further accelerate the detoxification process, you should drink at least 1 cup of raw vegetable juices (with 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed or wheat grass powder), preferably 30 minutes before meals.
Make sure that you are eating raw and plant-based foods with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, e.g. green vegetables, bright-colored vegetables, whole fruit, cold-water fish, plant oils, etc.
Also, make sure that you are eating sulfur-rich foods (e.g. organic eggs, fish, cruciferous vegetables, allium vegetables), because sulfur helps your cells to absorb nutrients, fight bacteria and build your connective tissues. This is especially important when you have reached "the wall" -- that is, you have lowered your blood sugar, but, you can't lower it any further or you can't keep your blood sugar stabilized without increasing your exercise regimen.
Also, you should drink 1-2 cups of filtered (or distilled) water at least 3 times each day to help with hydration and the prevention of cellular dehydration due to high glucose levels and also from consuming foods/beverages that dehydrate your cells, e.g. fried foods, soda, diet soda, coffee, etc.
And, of course, you must avoid the "dead" foods that contain gluten, flour, wheat, dairy, sugar and trans fats.
By doing this, within a few days you should start to feel less lethargic and you should notice an increase in your regularity (bowel movements) with a better texture of your fecal waste.
Then, depending on your health state, within two to three weeks you should notice an increase in your energy level and a reduction in your cravings for the “dead” processed foods. These are indicators that your body is cleansing and detoxifying itself and initiating the healing process.
To further accelerate this healing, and depending on the severity of your health state, it may be necessary to use wholefood supplements to help nourish the colon, liver, gall bladder, lymph nodes, and kidneys.
It may be also be necessary to use organic herbal products to nourish the colon, liver, gall bladder, lymph nodes, and kidneys while protecting them from oxidative damage during the cleansing/ detoxification process.
You can also try cleanse-detox products, but, be very careful. Some of these products contain harmful chemicals, heavy metals and other ingredients that may do more harm than good.
Exercising on a consistent basis is another way to help accelerate the cleansing/detox process.
Fasting is another way to detox, but, if you're diabetic, we don't recommend fasting until you have stabilized your blood glucose level.
Detox your mind by using meditation (e.g. yoga), prayer, laughter, helping others, showing gratitude, forgiving others, and using self-affirmations, and tapping into your inner spirit.
So, why is cleanse and detoxification necessary and so important to your overall health?
Let’s take a car that has not had an oil change or engine tune-up and has been running on cheap fuel for several years. If you switch from the cheap fuel to a higher-octane “super” fuel, the car may run a little better, but it will still run sluggish. Once you change the oil and air filters and tune up the engine, the car will run even better.
The same principle applies to the human body – if you clean the filters (the kidneys and liver), then, this will help them to remove the buildup of toxins and waste and kill the pathogenic bacteria and parasites so that the body will run better.
If you are overweight by more than 20 pounds, more than likely, you are carrying as much as ten pounds of fecal matter packed in your colon.
If you are also struggling with high cholesterol or high blood pressure, then, your body is carrying extra fluid/waste in your cells and tissues.
Consequently, cleansing the liver and kidneys, your body’s primary filters, will help the body to better release this extra fluid/waste.
This will thin out the blood, hydrate cells, break down fats, absorb protein, convert glycogen to glucose, turn on the body’s natural healing mechanisms, and, in most cases, lower blood pressure, inflammation, cholesterol, glucose levels, and body weight.
As a result, a complete or full-body detox can help to prevent or stop the progression of major diabetic complications such as retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy, or heart disease.
Note: For more details concerning a full body detox, read Chapter 9 of the Death to Diabetes book, or get the Cleansing/Detox ebook and Drug Weaning ebook to decrease the toxic load in your cells. This will help to rest your organs and prevent these complications as well as prevent your immune system from becoming weak, especially during flu season.
Note: If you have an autoimmune disease, PCOS, or if you have issues with your thyroid, get the How to Treat Autoimmune Diseases, PCOS & Thyroid Issues Naturally ebook. This ebook explains how to treat the more common autoimmune diseases as well as how to optimize the health of your thyroid.
Note: Get the Nutritional Supplements ebook for a list of the top wholefood supplements and herbal tinctures that deal with colds and the flu.
If the colon is backed up (e.g. constipation) when the liver empties its toxins into the colon for removal, the liver deposits the toxins into fat cells, and the toxins are retained in the body.
Consequently, colon cleansing/detoxification can provide relief from the buildup of these toxins and illnesses such as colds, flu, constipation, diarrhea, breath and body odors, fatigue, headaches, sinusitis, allergies, hemorrhoids, weight problems, digestive difficulties, back and muscle aches, knee pain, poor eyesight, poor memory, stress, etc.
Benefits from colon cleansing include a dramatic relief of aches and pains in the back, chest and joints; a dramatic increase of energy and mental awareness; overwhelming joy, incredible insight, and even better sex.
Proper colon cleansing/detoxification can promote improved assimilation of food and nutrients leading to improved health.
Key nutrients that help to cleanse, detoxify and nourish the colon include:
- Bentonite clay, charcoal, apple pectin, psyllium husk: provide needed bulk fiber for removal of compacted fecal matter, mucosal plaque, intestinal parasites and toxins.
- Chlorella: is a blue-green algae superfood that contains high levels of chlorophyll, which is one of the greatest nutrients for cleansing the bowel and other elimination systems, such as the liver and the blood. Chlorella contains amino acids, enzymes (including pepsin for digestion), vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates; and, RNA and DNA, the building blocks of life. Chlorella is comprised of a fibrous, indigestible outer shell that has been proven to actually bind with pesticides like PCBs and heavy metals like mercury. Chlorella helps to remove metabolic wastes in tissues and provides support to the liver.
- Flaxseed, psyllium seed, slippery elm bark, marshmallow root: reduce inflammation and irritation of intestinal walls to facilitate healing. Ground flaxseeds absorb water and expand in the colon, allowing toxins and mucus to be removed. In addition, flaxseed has been found to help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- Garlic (raw): provides microflora balance to the gastrointestinal tract and strengthens the immune system.
- Herbs effective in killing parasites: include garlic, black walnut hulls, clove stems, cranberry extract, grape seed extract, fennel, goldenseal, pumpkin seeds, sage, thyme, and wormwood.
- Peppermint leaf: helps to reduce and move gas that is created during a deep intestinal/bowel cleanse. It also reduces spasms.
- Probiotics: help to replenish the population of friendly bacteria in the colon after cleansing.
- Senna, ginger: help to strengthen the colon muscle and increase peristalsis.
- Spirulina: is a blue-green algae superfood, similar to chlorella, but contains a higher level of GLA and potassium.
- Whole foods: include green, leafy vegetables, dark-colored fruits, and organic whole grains that contain fiber to help eliminate toxins and other waste products.
Please Note: Be careful with colon cleanser products -- some of them can be harsh and damaging to your colon and the rest of your gastrointestinal system.
Liver cleansing/detoxification can provide relief from ailments such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, blood clots, thick sticky blood, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, allergies, weight problems, digestive difficulties, stress, and low sex drive.
Liver cleansing/detoxification helps to purge old fats, old cholesterol deposits, gallstones, poisons, drug residues, and toxic waste from the liver while regenerating and healing liver cells.
The following is a list of key nutrients that help to cleanse, detoxify and nourish the liver.
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA): protects the liver from potentially harmful cell changes and assists it in flushing toxins from the body. ALA is effective in minimizing liver toxicity following exposure to poisons such as heavy metals (including lead) and toxic industrial chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride. Food sources: spinach, broccoli, Brewer's yeast, Brussel sprouts, rice bran, and organ meats.
- Aloe vera: contains polysaccharides, enzymes, glycoproteins, amino acids, vitamins and minerals that help to support the immune system and detoxify the digestive system.
- Apple juice (organic): contains mallic acid, which weakens adhesions between solid globules and softens/dissolves gallstones.
- Artichoke: contains potent polyphenols (bioflavonoids, caffeoyl-quinic acids) that work to cleanse the liver and provide antioxidant protection while it releases accumulated toxins. Artichoke increases the production of bile in the liver to aid in the digestion of fats, which can relieve bloating, gas and other uncomfortable symptoms of indigestion. Artichoke is an excellent source of fiber, and contains magnesium, folate and Vitamin C.
- Barley/wheat grass, dandelion root, wormwood: contain nutrients that increase bile and help to clean the liver and bile ducts to allow excess cholesterol to leave the body. They help to flush fat deposits from the liver and prevent the formation of gallstones.
- Cilantro: is known as Chinese parsley, and refers to the leaves of the coriander plant. It is a cooling herb and puts out excess flames in the stomach and generally enhances digestion. In recent years, modern science has discovered that cilantro is a natural chelation agent that is very helpful in removing heavy metals such as lead, mercury and aluminum from the body.
- Dandelion root: is one of the two major herbal liver tonics (with milk thistle) that helps to increase both the production and the flow of bile. It also prevents liver congestion by helping to flush out fat deposits.
- Epsom salt: contains magnesium sulfate, which serves to relax and dilate the bile duct so that larger stones can pass through during a liver flush. The Epsom salt also serves to evacuate the small and large intestines of feces.
- Extra virgin olive oil, barberry: stimulate the liver, the gallbladder and the production of bile. Extra virgin olive oil specifically stimulates the gallbladder and bile duct to contract and expel its contents.
- Garlic: kills bacteria, fungi, and other harmful pathogens, and helps to increase intestinal microflora. Also, binds with cadmium, mercury, and lead and removes these metals from the body to prevent cancer. Aged garlic has shown to provide even better health benefits.
- Milk thistle: is the other major liver tonic (with dandelion root). It contains silymarin, a bioflavonoid antioxidant that provides protection and healing of the liver by strengthening the structure of the liver membrane to prevent the penetration of toxins; and, increasing protein synthesis to stimulate the regeneration of damaged liver cells and the generation of new healthy liver cells. Milk thistle supports the production of the liver’s own powerful antioxidant enzymes, such as glutathione.
- Turmeric: contains essential oils and the active ingredient curcumin, which is a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that protects the liver. Curcumin increases the secretion of bile by stimulating the bile duct. Curcumin protects the liver from detoxification, stimulating the gall bladder and scavenging free radicals. In conjunction with the adrenal glands, curcumin inhibits both platelet aggregation and the enzymes that induce inflammatory prostaglandins. Curcumin also helps to break down fats and reduce cholesterol.
- Other foods: that help to cleanse the liver include apples, avocados, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, grapefruit, and spinach. But, if you're diabetic, you should avoid or limit your intake of beets and carrots.
Cleansing/detoxification of the kidneys can provide relief from ailments such as high blood pressure, fatigue, urinary tract infections, and kidney stones. The following is a list of the key nutrients that help to cleanse, detoxify and nourish the kidneys.
- Apple cider vinegar (organic): contains nutrients that dilute the toxins in the bladder; and; help to remove acid crystals that collect in soft tissues and the joints (causing arthritis). Take a mixture of 2 tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. raw honey and 1 cup of filtered water 4 times daily during a weekend so that the crystals can be flushed out of the body by the kidneys and other organs.
- Cranberries: contain phytonutrients that help to fight urinary tract infections. Specifically, cranberries contain concentrated tannins known as proanthocyanidins that prevent Escherichia coli (E.coli) bacteria from adhering to walls of the urinary tract. They also contain Vitamin C, which inhibits the growth of some bacteria by acidifying the urine.
- Dandelion leaves: provide diuretic effects in treating urinary disorders and fluid retention without depleting the body of as much potassium as other diuretics.
- Goldenrod: increases the production of urine without reducing levels of important electrolytes.
- Horsetail: contains potassium and manganese along with several bioflavonoids, which cause the diuretic action, while the silicon content exerts a connective tissue strengthening and anti-arthritic action.
- Juniper berries: support the urinary system to maintain proper fluid balance.
- Lemons/limes: contain phytonutrients that help to flush the kidneys, relieving some of its workload. They contain Vitamin C, which inhibits the growth of some bacteria by acidifying the urine. Drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning.
- Parsley: supports eliminating wastes from the blood and tissues of the kidneys; prevents salt from being reabsorbed into the body tissues; helps improve edema and general water retention, fatigue and scanty or painful urination; and, aids in the dissolving of kidney stones and gall stones.
- Uva ursi leaves: contain the glycoside arbutin, which kills bacteria in the urine. Arbutin is water-soluble so it is easily carried via the blood to the kidneys.
- Vegetable juices (raw): such as celery, cucumbers, parsley, lemons, limes, and cranberries are very beneficial to the health of the kidneys and the urinary tract. Optional: wheat/barley grass juice.
- Water (filtered or distilled): helps to cleanse the urinary tract of bacteria and dilute the concentrated toxins in the bladder. Water also increases urine flow to reduce the exposure time of the toxins in your bladder and prevent bladder infections.
Cleansing of the pancreas supports the production and rebalancing of insulin and glucagon; and, proper functioning of the alpha and beta cells. Most diabetes programs fail to mention anything about cleanse and detox, but, to make matters worse, most diabetes programs fail to mention the importance of detoxing the pancreas.
The following is a list of the key nutrients that help to cleanse, detoxify and nourish the pancreas and the endocrine system.
- Beta glucan: contains soluble fibers that help to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the elevation in blood glucose levels by delaying gastric emptying so that dietary sugar is absorbed more gradually. Beta glucan is found in the cell walls of baker’s yeast, grains (e.g. oat bran, barley bran, oat/rye sprouts) and mushrooms (e.g. maitake, reishi, shiitake).
- Broccoli, onions, oysters, salmon, whole grains: contain biologically-active chromium to support insulin regulation and increase insulin usage by increasing the number of insulin receptor sites within cells.
- Cedar berries: improve insulin sensitivity.
- Dandelion root: contains trace minerals, inulin (a pre-biotic), and beta-carotene for the digestive system, especially the liver, gall bladder and pancreas.
- Enzymes (plant-based): ensure proper absorption of food for digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Lack of enzymes can possibly manifest as a food allergy or acid reflux.
- Garlic: contains beneficial nutrients—such as sulfur, arginine, oligosaccharides, flavonoids, and selenium—which have very positive effects on pancreatic tissues. In fact, a San Francisco Bay area study published by the National Cancer Institute linked individuals who consumed a high garlic diet with a 54-percent lower risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Glyconutrients: are plant saccharides that support the endocrine system to provide hormonal balance. Food sources include mushrooms, seaweed, aloe vera, gums, herbs, and seeds.
- Goldenseal root: supports the function of the liver and the pancreas.
- Gymnema sylvestre, bitter melon: help to stimulate beta cells and increase glucose uptake, reducing the blood glucose level.
- Juniper berries: support the pancreas, adrenal glands, digestive system.
- Licorice root: helps with hypoglycemia, and supports the adrenal glands and immune system.
- Spinach: and other leafy greens (i.e., kale, mustard greens, and Swiss chard) provide elevated levels of B vitamins and iron.
- Uva ursi leaves: support the pancreas and urinary system.
- Vegetable juices (raw): such as Brussels sprouts and string beans are believed to contain specific phytonutrients that stimulate the insulin receptors increasing insulin sensitivity and lowering insulin resistance.
- Yogurt (organic, homemade): contains active cultures (probiotics) to help ease digestion, protect the pancreas and digestive system, and reduce the overall risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates and excess animal meat consumption: because these foods put a strain on the pancreas.
Some of the key health benefits of a comprehensive cleanse-detox program includes the following:
- Lower blood glucose level
- Stable blood glucose levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol and triglycerides
- Lower cortisol levels (stress hormone)
- Able to metabolize and burn fat
- Reduced belly fat
- Increased energy
- No more brain fog
- Reduced food cravings
- Able to absorb more nutrients from healthy foods
- Able to gradually wean off the drugs
- Prevent diabetic complications
- Reverse diabetes and most complications
The Death to Diabetes Cleanse-Detox Program will help you to enjoy these health benefits and more.
The Death to Diabetes Full Body Cleanse and Detox Program is a very comprehensive program that goes beyond other detox programs that only address the liver, colon and kidneys.
This detox program (as depicted in the following diagrams from our training class and Cleanse-Detox book/ebook), addresses not only the colon, liver, and kidneys, but, also the pancreas, digestive system, joints, brain, nervous system, cardiovascular system, immune system, and lungs.
Why is this important? Because diabetes is a systemic disease that, over a period of years, attacks and causes major cellular damage to all of your tissues and organs!
In addition, this program addresses how to detox your mind and handle your self-esteem, emotions, attitude, internal talk-track, self-motivation, and negative people. Again, this is an area that most detox programs ignore! If your mind is full of negative thoughts and full of hopelessness, you are not going to be motivated to change and stick with those changes to your diet and lifestyle.
Cleanse and Detox Diagram
The following detox diagram identifies the major organs involved in the Death to Diabetes Cleanse and Detox Program. As you can see from the diagram, this detox process goes beyond the colon, kidneys and liver.
Cleanse and Detox Flow Chart
The following detox flow chart depicts the overall process involved in the Death to Diabetes Cleanse and Detox Program.
In addition to the colon, liver and kidneys, the DTD Cleanse & Detox 10-Step Program/Ebook addresses the lymphatic system, arteries, brain, pancreas, skin, joints, lungs, and your emotions.
This comprehensive process not only helps your liver, colon and kidneys, but, it helps your other organs and improves your body's overall health so that it can have the opportunity to reverse your diabetes naturally.
Note: Be wary of fad detox programs! Although these detox programs may work in the short term, these types of programs tend to do more harm than good. For example, some fad detox programs cause fast weight loss, but, after you finish the detox, you regain the weight. Or, if you're diabetic, the detox may cause your blood sugar to spike.
Note: For more details about cleansing and detoxification, refer to The Top 10 Detox Foods web page. Also, refer to Chapter 9 of the Death to Diabetes book, the Cleansing/Detox ebook, the Raw Juicing ebook, the Raw Food Diet ebook, and the Drug Weaning ebook and/or flow chart.
Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2016. Death to Diabetes, LLC. All rights reserved.