Author's Perspective: When I first put this program together, my focus was to leverage everything that I had learned and researched about Type 2 diabetes from a science perspective -- having access to the various medical libraries, clinical studies and various medical professionals who had been involved with treating patients with Type 2 diabetes was truly invaluable.
In addition, I leveraged everything that I had learned and researched about diabetes from a people perspective -- having access to first-hand knowledge from the hundreds of diabetics in the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Because I was working (volunteering actually) with the ADA and a couple of diabetic support groups, I had first-hand knowledge of why diabetics were struggling with this disease.
And, because of that knowledge in combination with the scientific knowledge, I was able to design a program that was targeted to address the science side, specifically the root causes and biological processes that fueled this disease; as well as the psychological, lifestyle and people side of this disease.
DTD Program Uniqueness: 7 Reasons
The Death to Diabetes Program is unique, but, more importantly, very effective for seven (7) major reasons:
- Ex-diabetic: The program was developed by someone who was diabetic and who really understands the disease. As a bonus, this person happened to be an engineer who understands biochemistry!
- Transparency: The program is set up so that you can try part of the program for free before you buy the book. No one else does this!
- Effectiveness: The program actually works! -- because it utilizes multiple therapies (see diagram below) and provides specific solutions that attack the root causes of Type 2 diabetes. As a result, the program helps to reverse your diabetes and improve your overall health, based on actual test results.
- Access to Author: The program provides direct access to the author to answer your questions. No other program gives you direct access to the author!
- Health Coaching: The program provides a free online health coaching consultation or training session with your purchase. Again, no other program does this!
- Money-saver/Income-generator: The program helps you to save money because you no longer have to spend money on drugs, hospital stays, and surgeries. And, because the program also teaches you how to use what you've learned, you can help people in your community, family and church; and, if you so desire, you can make money with this program!
- Product Diversity: The program provides more than just a book -- it provides a diverse set of products: books, ebooks, CDs, DVDs, MP3 downloads, PowerPoint Slides, 1-on-1 training, online training, health coaching, etc. This is invaluable because not everyone can learn from reading a 400-page book.
In addition, for those of you who are healthcare professionals or want to become healthcare professionals, there are several training programs, kits and services that allow you to help people and, at the same time, make money to earn a living or generate a secondary income for your family.
This applies to anyone in the general public (who wants to be a community health advocate), along with various healthcare professionals such as a health coach, dietitian, diabetes educator, chiropractor, naturopathic doctor, nutritionist, herbalist, retired nurse, wellness consultant, MLM rep, etc.
The key here is having the desire and motivation to want to help others. We provide the infrastructure and tools to make it happen.
The Death to Diabetes® Health & Wellness Program
Most diabetes programs provide one of four solutions for type 2 diabetics:
(3) Diet/lifestyle changes
(4) A combination of 1, 2 and/or 3.
Unfortunately, drugs and surgery don't work in the long term because they don't address the actual root causes of the disease. Some diabetics will experience lower blood glucose levels, but their bodies are still biochemically and hormonally diabetic. Surgery is expensive and risky. Drugs may not appear to be expensive or risky in the short term, but over the long term drugs are expensive and risky.
Similarly, the majority of the diet/lifestyle programs don't work either because the nutritional profiles of these programs don't really attack and destroy the disease. Again, diabetics will experience lower blood glucose levels, but their bodies are still biochemically and hormonally diabetic. Most of these programs tend not to be expensive or risky, but, over the long term, since the majority of these programs don't work, there is some expense and risk involved.
As depicted in the following diagram, the Death to Diabetes® Health & Wellness Program uses multiple therapies so that it can address the many root causes and biological processes that fuel Type 2 diabetes.
As a result, this program is very effective for most diabetics. In addition, this program is inexpensive with no risk as long as you adhere to the program guidelines.
As depicted in the following flow chart, the Death to Diabetes® Health & Wellness Program is based upon a well-structured and results-driven 6-stage medical wellness model.
FYI: The (green) boxes in this diagram map directly into specific chapters of the Death to Diabetes book.
This 6-stage medical wellness model is designed for the diabetic and his/her healthcare team to better track their progress. This model is also designed to allow the diabetic to go beyond just controlling the disease to help repair/heal the body and possibly reversing the disease by utilizing multiple alternative therapies, i.e. nutrition, detox, juicing, meditation, exercise, etc.
This wellness model utilizes the medical standard for blood glucose testing combined with superior nutrition, proper exercise, frequent blood glucose testing/analysis, spiritual health, periodic doctor visits and physical exams.
This model takes the best from Traditional Medicine, Integrative Medicine, and the best from Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) to develop an optimum and user-friendly program for the diabetic, and for the doctor.
This model includes a superior but flexible nutritional model (called the Super Meal Plate Model for Diabetics) that encompasses attributes of several well-known diets, including the South Beach Diet, Mediterranean Diet, and Raw Food Diet. Based on your health needs, blood test results, and hormonal levels, this program can be easily modified and customized to meet your health needs and optimize your health.
The Death to Diabetes® Health & Wellness Program is a well-structured program designed by an ex-diabetic engineer, who utilizes approved medical protocols and leverages several areas of medical science, including the pathophysiology of Type 2 diabetes, epidemiology, etiology, and morbidity and mortality rates.
The Death to Diabetes® Health & Wellness Program is a science-based program that utilizes the latest research in nutritional science and various engineering methodologies. In addition, there are more studies and reports coming out that diabetes can be reversed!
This program is also a spiritual-based program that recognizes the importance of faith and the belief in a higher power; and the importance of emotional support to provide real hope and fuel one's inner drive to take responsibility and accountability of their own health.
The Death to Diabetes® Health & Wellness Program is not a diet -- it is a wellness program that is designed to improve your health to eventually achieve optimum wellness. This is important to understand, especially since most diets don't work, and the ones that do work, only work temporarily.
If you want to try part of the program before you buy the book, go to our Get Started web page and follow the instructions and the meal plan.
Note (to healthcare professionals): This wellness program also includes a train-the-trainer training kit for people in the wellness industry who want to grow their business.
Why the Death to Diabetes® Diet-for-Diabetics Works
Uniqueness of the Death to Diabetes Program
The Death to Diabetes® program will work when all the other programs have failed you because the Death to Diabetes® program provides a real diet for diabetics and goes beyond just controlling your blood sugar to address the inflammation markers and other critical blood test parameters that fuel Type 2 diabetes and cause the damage to the cells, blood vessels, tissues, and organs.
As a result, your body is able to repair the damage, giving it the opportunity to reverse and defeat the disease.
Unfortunately, most of the diabetes programs out there fail because they focus strictly on controlling your blood sugar and do not address how to repair the damage caused by the diabetes. That's one of the key reasons why people remain diabetic.
Here is a list of reasons why the Death to Diabetes® Program will work and is unique from all the other programs:
- The program was developed by an engineer, who understands biochemistry, nutritional science, pathology, etiology and cellular function.
- The program was developed by someone who successfully recovered from a coma and weaned himself off insulin and other drugs-- people find this to be inspirational.
- The program was developed by someone who actually beat the disease! (to show other diabetics that they can, too).
- The author understands the science of diabetes and its weaknesses, and how to attack it. (and, can help others get their diabetes under control).
- The program is easy to implement and use.
- The program is well-structured and easy to follow with 10 specific steps.
- The program can be easily modified and customized to meet your health needs and optimize your health, based on your blood tests, urine tests, and hormone tests.
- The scope and breadth of the book is comprehensive and deep (400 pages -- most diabetes books are about 250 pages) and explains more than just how to beat diabetes. It explains how to beat heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol; and also how to improve the health of the eyes, kidneys, nerves, brain, pancreas, and cardiovascular system.
- The "Death to Diabetes" book is popular and well-received, and has become one of the top-selling diabetes books around the world!
- The program actually works, and can be verified after just 14 days of using the program. Some diabetics see their blood sugar level come down in less than 7 days.
- The program enables the following health improvements, most of which can be measured by a medical doctor: a decrease in blood sugar, a loss of weight, lower BMI, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, elimination of chronic fatigue, an increase in energy, and increase in muscle tone.
- The program is measurable and trackable, and therefore verifiable in less than 30 days.
- The program defines the specific foods to eat and not eat, and why. There's no guesswork, and therefore no confusion or frustration.
- The program is comprehensive and addresses more than diet and exercise, including cleanse/detox, blood glucose testing, test data analysis, recordkeeping, spiritual health, knowledge acquisition, emotional support and other support systems. This program specifically explains why someone is diabetic.
- The program explains diabetes at the cellular level but in a way that most people can understand the disease.
- The program explains how to use specific super foods and blood glucose testing data to control, prevent, and reverse diabetes. The program explains exactly what to do if your blood glucose remains high, and why.
- The program provides online support and other educational resources that go beyond the book.
- The program provides other educational resources besides just the paperback book, including DVDs, CDs, ebooks, and tracking tools
- The program goes beyond just providing products -- it provides services, including workshops, teleseminars, webinars, and 1-on-1 coaching services.
- The author has received positive feedback from diabetics, non-diabetics and even some doctors about the effectiveness of his book and wellness program. There are testimonials on the website, feedback about the book on Amazon.com, and videos on YouTube where doctors and others recommend the book.
Program Test Methodology
Approach: Using a combination of analytical models and testing procedures, a wellness model was designed that focused on reducing fasting and postprandial blood glucose levels consistently from meal to meal, while addressing the actual root causes of the high blood glucose levels: insulin resistance and inflammation.
Results: 90% of pre-diabetics lowered their blood glucose back to the normal range, preventing the onset of diabetes. 76% of the diabetic clients who adhered to the model for at least 30 days achieved a 14%-29% decrease in blood glucose levels and a weight loss of 7 lb to 9 lb. For clients who adhered to the model for at least 90 days, 95% of them achieved even lower blood glucose levels and a weight loss of 29 lb. to 51 lb. Also, 67% of them experienced an 11% to 17% decrease in their blood pressure levels.
Note: In addition, 93% of Type 1 were able to dramatically reduce their insulin dosages.
Conclusions: If you provide a structured wellness model based upon a nutritional profile that actually addresses the root causes of Type 2 diabetes, at least 90% of pre-diabetics can prevent the onset of diabetes. Also, at least 75% of diabetics can achieve sustained lower blood glucose levels. This model also prevents the onset of diabetes as demonstrated by the pre-diabetic clients who used the model and never developed full-blown diabetes. In addition, the model helps Type 1s reduce their need for so much insulin.
The following six stages provide a defined structure, a set of metrics, and a systematic approach for utilizing diet, exercise, and testing –to manage, control, and prevent Type 2 diabetes. Being able to track and measure what stage a diabetic is in and knowing what the diabetic needs to do to move forward will provide the necessary motivation to continue on a journey to better health.
Stage 1 No Blood Glucose (BG) Control
Stage 2 BG Control with Drugs
Stage 3 BG Control with Reduced Drugs
Stage 4 BG Control without Drugs
Stage 5 BG & HbA1C Control (Without Drugs)
Stage 6 BG & HbA1C Tighter Control (Without Drugs)
Other benefits of this model included financial savings and a happier outlook on life.
DTD Program Test Results
The following is a summary of the health benefits that clients (pre-diabetic, Type 1s, Type 2s) achieved for following the program for at least 30 days.
Lowered Blood Glucose. Average drop: 39.9 points
Lowered Total Cholesterol. Average: 9.2 points
Lowered Blood Pressure. Average: 2.4 points
Lost weight. Average: 8.3 pounds
Reduced diabetic drug dosage. Average: 7.8%
Weaned off diabetic drugs. Average: 0%
Reduced other drugs for blood pressure/cholesterol. Average: 2.4%
Prevented unnecessary surgeries, post-op rehab: 0%
Lowered Blood Glucose. Average drop: 43.3 points
Lowered Total Cholesterol. Average: 8.1 points
Lowered Blood Pressure. Average: 7.4 points
Lost weight. Average: 12.9 pounds
Reduced diabetic drug dosage. Average: 11%
Weaned off diabetic drugs. Average: 5.7%
Reduced other drugs for blood pressure/cholesterol. Average: 9.1%
Prevented unnecessary surgeries, post-op rehab: 0%
Lowered Blood Glucose. Average drop: 69.7 points
Lowered Total Cholesterol. Average: 28 points
Lowered Blood Pressure. Average: 9.8 points
Lost weight. Average: 21.7 pounds
Reduced diabetic drug dosage. Average: 39.2%
Weaned off diabetic drugs. Average: 21%
Reduced other drugs for blood pressure/cholesterol. Average: 33.6%
Prevented unnecessary surgeries, post-op rehab: 0%
Lowered Blood Glucose. Average drop: 109.4 points
Lowered Total Cholesterol. Average: 38.2 points
Lowered Blood Pressure. Average: 16.9 points
Lost weight. Average: 39.8 pounds
Reduced diabetic drug dosage. Average: 87.3%
Weaned off diabetic drugs. Average: 38.4%
Reduced other drugs for blood pressure/cholesterol. Average: 71%
Prevented unnecessary surgeries, post-op rehab: 17%
Financial Savings from the Program
$50-$77 a month on groceries
$21-$34 a month on synthetic vitamins and supplements
$15-$26 a month on OTC drugs
$60-$75 a month on prescription drugs
$32-$64 a month eating out at fast foods and other restaurants
$61-$127 a month due to lost wages from being ill or going to the doctor
Note: Future savings for surgeries, drugs, post-op rehab: $65,000-$225,000
Unfortunately, most people do not take these savings into account when they find alternative therapies that are not covered by their insurance.
Most people pay their doctors around $150 for 15 minutes of their time (that works out to be $600 an hour).
Also, most people pay $25 to $100 a month (and more!) for their prescription drugs.
But because doctor visits and drug costs are covered by their insurance, most people don't see the underlying costs of the drugs, more drugs, the side effects; and, the projected costs for future surgeries (i.e. amputation, eyes), hospice care, dialysis, increasing out-of-pocket expenses, etc.
The "Death to Diabetes" book has become one of the top-selling diabetes books in America and around the world.
“Death to Diabetes!” is slowly becoming a rallying cry of many diabetics and family members who are suffering unnecessarily with this disease and its horrific complications of blindness, amputations, kidney dialysis, heart attack, and stroke.
To CEOs: Benefits of DTD Program to Your Employees
In addition to providing health and financial benefits to individual people with diabetes, the Death to Diabetes Wellness Program provides benefits to companies and their employees via our corporate wellness program.
The Death to Diabetes Wellness Program provides benefits to companies and their employees by:
- Improving workplace productivity
- Reducing employee absenteeism
- Increasing employee morale
- Enhancing recruitment and retention
- Improving the bottom line
- Positioning "employer of choice" status
The following are some of the health-related statistics associated with companies, corporations and large organizations:
- U.S. businesses lose $11.4 to $29 billion per year due to caregiving (sick family members) - The MetLife Juggling Act Study, 1999
- The ability to balance work and home life was ranked as the second most important retention factor by employees, and the 5th most important by HR professionals - Retaining Talent: A Benchmarking Study, DDI Inc., 2001
- Nearly 50% of all parents believe it is impossible to hold down an executive-level job and still have time for a satisfying home life - Primedia Poll, 2002
- 46% of employees either feel overworked and overwhelmed by the quantity of their work, or lack the time to step back and reflect on their work - Families and Work Institute, 2002
- 70% of employees don't think there is a healthy balance between work and personal life
Note: Contact our office for more information about our corporate wellness training programs.
Company Feedback about the Death to Diabetes Program
The following is a summary of some of the key feedback from several companies that have used the Death to Diabetes Wellness Program to train their employees.
- Great program, easy to implement.
- This program works!
- Reduced our sick leave by 79%!
- Our employees saved money following the program.
- All of the CEOs loved the program (except 1 who "liked" it).
- 92% of the employees lost weight!
- 87% of the employees reduced their meds.
- 68% of the employees reduced their blood pressure.
- 94% of the employees reduced their blood glucose levels.
- 77% of the employees have normal blood glucose levels (an increase of 61%)
- 61% of the employees have an a1c below 6% (an increase of 51%)
- 99% Employee Satisfaction Level concerning how the program was implemented
- 81% of employees agreed that they saved money following the program.
- One CEO admitted that because of the savings, he won't have to lay off any employees!
Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2016. Death to Diabetes, LLC. All rights reserved.