Author's Sidebar: I never planned to start my own business. In fact, I think that most of us never expected that we would be running our own business. Why? Because school and college, for the most part, don't teach us how to be entrepreneurs and start our own businesses.
I think that many of us (unless we're already in the medical field) are presented with the idea of running our own business usually via a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that sells health-related products.
All that is required is some knowledge about food and nutrition and a strong desire to want to help people with their health problems.
And, so we purchase a kit, invite some friends over, get a few to buy in; and, we're on our way.
Working in multilevel marketing (MLM) or network marketing is one way to get started in the health business, especially if you don't know how to start your own business.
However, just like any other business, multilevel marketing requires hard work, dedication, organization and patience.
Also, keep in mind that MLM has limits and may prevent you from growing and expanding your business into other areas.
Also, some MLM businesses have been cited for dishonest business practices and being outright scams, so be careful. You don't want your reputation ruined because of another company's practices, so do your homework.
The real key is to figure out what type of business aligns with your knowledge and skill set; and go in that direction. Then, obtain any education that you may need about food, nutrition, health coaching, diseases, other health problems, etc.
And, make sure that you treat your MLM business like a business, not a hobby or a social gathering!
Many years ago, I worked in the MLM world where I met a lot of great people, but, I also met some people who weren't that great.
However, it wasn't until I survived a diabetic coma and wrote a book that things really took off for me from a business perspective.
So, the key is to combine your personal experience of improving your own health (or the health of your child or a friend) with your skills and people connections to take your business to the next level. And, don't forget that your business is YOU, not the products that you sell.
The primary ability or drive that you need to start your own health-related business (or write a book) is the desire or motivation to want to help other people.
I know ... I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. But, as long as you have a strong desire and drive to help others, this will allow you to overcome the excuses that have been keeping you from starting your own business (or writing your own book).
Beyond having the desire to help other, the minimum set of skills and abilities that you need to start your own health-related business (or write your own book) include:
- Socializing (with family, friends, colleagues, etc.)
- Networking (with others in-person, phone, email, social media)
- Speaking (1-on-1, public, group)
- Reading Comprehension (to understand what products/services to sell)
- Writing (To create text documents, write-ups, emails, letters, posts, etc.)
Beyond those basic skills, some additional skills that will help to make it easier and save you some money include:
- Research (To be able to perform research in the library and on the Internet about nutrition, diseases, products, etc.)
- Accounting/Mathematics (To track your business expenses and profits)
- Empathizing (Ability to "connect" emotionally with others)
- Computer (Email, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Internet (Websites, Blogs, Social Media)
- Marketing (to promote yourself and your business)
- Selling (to engage customers to buy your product/service)
It is not necessary that you have all of these skills and abilities, but, it will make it a lot easier to start your business and keep you from having to spend a lot of money to get started with your home business. Also, it would help tremendously if you have a great idea for your book or for your business.
If you are already a healthcare, wellness or nutrition professional, then, you already have more than enough skills to expand your business and grow your revenue streams.
All you need is the right guidance and training to help you -- namely, our health coaching ebook, start a business ebook, or our professional diabetes training program and training kit.
Author's Perspective: Technology is a beautiful thing especially if you know how to use that technology to improve your life. Two of the most powerful technologies from the 1980s and 1990s have grown such that more and more people are able to live better lives. Do you know what those two technologies are?
Hint: If you're reading this web page, then, you are using both of those technologies -- namely, the personal computer and the Internet.
The convergence of the personal computer and the Internet has fueled a major shift in the way we live, work and communicate. This convergence allows us to learn about things that used to require us to go back to college or it required us to spend a lot of time in the library doing research.
Now, you can accomplish a lot of this and other activities in the comfort of your own home -- especially if you like to write and do research. Unfortunately, most of us either misuse or under-utilize our personal computer and its connection to the rest of the world via the Internet. Most of us use our computer for things like paying our bills, shopping online, playing video games, and socializing via platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
But, the real power of the personal computer and the Internet can help you address two of the top problems that most of us will face during our lifetime. One of those problems is financial -- unless you're related to Bill Gates or Warren Buffett. :-) The other problem is our health -- sooner or later either we get sick or a loved one in our family gets sick.
Fortunately, there are thousands of ways that your computer and the Internet can help you with your finances and/or your health -- as long as you're willing to put in the time and effort -- to first figure out how to help yourself, and, then, use that experience to help others. But, if you're going to just sit around and complain or regret what has happened to you, then, your computer can't help you.
On the other hand, if you're motivated to either improve your health or improve your finances, then, your computer can be a true Godsend. Just start using some of the free Internet tools and social media platforms to get you started, i.e. Google, Gmail, Blogger, YouTube, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Picasa, SlideShare, MySpace. Some of these platforms will actually pay you! Technology is great if you know how to use it ...
If you're not sure how to get started, read this web page for some ideas for generating a secondary income. But, more importantly, think about who you are. What do you really like to do? If you didn't have to worry about paying bills, what would you be doing with your life? What would get your juices flowing such that you would jump out of bed every morning with enthusiasm and joy?
Then, think about the major challenges and problems that you had have to overcome and deal with during your life. Some examples may include things like raising a family, putting your kids through college, getting a college degree, improving your health, losing a lot of weight, serving in the military, overcoming abusive parents, helping others ... the list goes on and on.
Then, think about what you're really good at -- writing? talking? planning? mathematics? raising your children? working? helping others? convincing others of your point of view? making new friends? fixing things? giving parties?...
Then, think about how to converge what you like doing with what you do well and with the challenges and problems you've had to overcome during your life.
Then, do your own research in an area that garners a lot of interest from you. Don't focus so much on how to make money -- instead focus on how to help others -- learn how to be a true servant first.
If you do this, you'll be well on your way! If you have any questions, feel free to call our toll-free number or contact us via email.
Personal Observation: I have met many healthcare professionals and business entrepreneurs in the health & wellness industry over the years. It simply amazes me how so many people spend so much time pushing "the next great supplement" or some other product -- while ignoring their greatest product of all -- themselves! So, the most important piece of advice that I can give you is to not underestimate your own story and consider writing your own book. And, if you lack certain skills (i.e. writing, public speaking), then, take a class at your local community college or go online.
Who Gets Involved in the Health Business?
Author's Perspective: Most people who get involved in health care and the health & wellness industry do it because they want to help people improve their health. The good news here is that there is such a broad range of professions and required skills that almost anyone can get involved in these industries.
If you are fortunate, you end up with a job that you love, a job that allows you to take care of your family, and a job that is fulfilling and allows you to help a lot of people. Unfortunately, some of us end up with a job that we love, but, it doesn't bring in the income that we need to take care of our family.
But, as you are aware, you can expand the scope of your job by getting some additional education in a specialty field or complementary field that allows you to make more money and relieve the stress of not making enough money to pay the mortgage and other bills.
In addition, you can use your experience and skill set to start your own business to supplement your salary. For example, if you like to talk, you can be very successful conducting lectures and 1-on-1 counseling.
Another example: if you like to write and do research, you can make money as a blogger, a writer and/or a researcher working from home on your computer! Having the skills of a writer and a researcher is ideal for making money working from home. But, most people are unaware of how to use all of the free technology and tools on the Internet to run a successful business from home.
Author's Sidebar: I started out in the health & wellness business years ago by selling various MLM health products. Although, I was somewhat successful (financially) in the MLM business, I realized that a majority of people in the MLM business were making the same mistakes, preventing them from generating a significant revenue!
I also realized that I could help a lot more people and make a lot more money by starting my own business (along with my MLM business).
I also realized that working with Corporate America (where I spent 25+ years) would generate a lot more revenue than going after customers on a singular basis. As a result of my success, we now provide support to organizations, companies, professional groups, and thousands of diabetics and non-diabetics in the U.S. and around the world.
The key is to leverage and optimize what you do well to help more people and, as a result, make more money. However, be careful not to make the same mistakes that some people make when they start their own home business, i.e. no bio, no skills analysis, no business plan, no marketing plan, treating business like a hobby.
Other mistakes include not using the 12 marketing strategies, overlooking the 6 marketing communications methods, focusing on the wrong area, lack of drive/motivation, mismatched skills, lack of skills, poor branding, ineffective website, misuse of Internet tools & technology, poor networking, poor communications, and weak relationships.
Health coaching and other healthcare professions are growing at significant rates because more and more people are looking for non-drug solutions to their health problems.
Diabetes is growing at epidemic levels, plus almost 1 out of every 2 people in America is overweight and 1 out of every 3 people has high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol.
So, there is a huge market for alternative care solutions such as health coaching, dieting programs, etc.
But, more than 90% of these healthcare businesses fail or they limp along and don't make any significant income.
Here's a classic mistake that health coaches and other business people make when they start their business: They get excited about a great business idea so they design a website and 6 months later, they're disappointed because they're not making any money, so they move onto something else.
Unfortunately, they fail to realize the business/marketing mistakes and website design mistakes that they made, so they're doomed to keep making the same mistakes ...
There is an even bigger mistake that health coaches and other business people make. This one mistake limits their ability to generate multiple revenue streams, preventing them from producing business revenues in the 6-figures range.
If you are just starting out as a healthcare professional or if you have an established health business, you can generate additional revenue for your business by utilizing the Death to Diabetes Program in one of 4 ways:
1. Affiliate Program: You can join our affiliate program by filling out the DTD Affiliate Form.
2. Sell Books: You can purchase our books at a bulk rate discount and sell them at retail. Contact our office for the price points.
3. Conduct Workshops: Use our DTD Health Coaching & Training Program to run your own workshops and training classes.
4. Provide Health Coaching: Use our DTD Health Coaching & Training Program to provide health coaching to your diabetes clients.
Please Note: Actually, you can use all 4 methods to generate additional revenue for your business.
How to Make Money Right Away with the DTD Program
Here are just a few ways to make money with the Death to Diabetes Health Coaching Business Program:
- Purchase DTD books in bulk to get a bulk-rate discount and then sell them at retail.
- Conduct diabetes workshops, lectures, etc.
- Conduct online diabetes training classes, seminars, etc.
- Provide diabetes wellness training to other healthcare professionals.
- Provide online training to diabetics in other countries.
- Provide corporate wellness education to the employees of various companies, organizations, and groups.
- Conduct 1-on-1 health coaching consultations with diabetic clients, families, etc.
FYI: Selling the author's book is probably the easiest way to get started and make a profit. However, if you like public speaking, then, conducting your own workshops and classes is a lot more lucrative. All you have to do is download the PowerPoint slides and press Play! (The author speaks on each slide, so you don't really have to know that much about diabetes!)
Author's Perspective: Despite what you may have heard, you don't really need a lot of money to start your own small business -- just a good idea and your passion and drive to want to help other people.
And, if you learn how to leverage two of the greatest technological inventions available to all of us, you can live the life you were meant to live.
In fact, many of you have probably already tried to start your own business, working as a health coach, life coach, teacher/trainer, personal trainer, dietitian, nutritionist, diabetes educator, wellness consultant, diabetes health coach, health advocate, chef (or cook), multilevel marketing wellness consultant (MLM), or other healthcare professional.
But, at this point, you're not really sure how to get your business going or where to start. Or, if you've been in business for a few years, you're probably disappointed that you're not making a lot more money. Right?
Well, don't worry! -- it happens to the best of us! So, don't give up! You have skills and gifts that can help others. You just need to figure out how to market and leverage your skills!
Many entrepreneurs and people like yourself who sincerely want to help others end up in some aspect of the health & wellness business by becoming one of the following: a health coach, trainer, personal trainer, dietitian, nutritionist, chef/cook, diabetes educator, wellness consultant, counselor, trainer, teacher, health advocate, or other healthcare professional; or, by joining an MLM company or similar business.
Over the years, most people have acquired a rich set of skills from their parents, high school, college, trade school, servicing our country, working for a living, helping their church, doing volunteer work, teaching a class, raising their kids, etc.
Unfortunately, most people take their skills for granted, and fail to realize the true value of their skills; and, how to leverage those skills to start a business and make some real money.
In most cases, you are able to help people, which makes them feel good, and it also makes you feel good. But it doesn't really help to pay all the bills or allow you to significantly improve your standard of living. And, if you have growing children or even teenagers or young adults, they're not benefiting from what you're doing.
Because most of us don't know how to start a business, we sometimes defer to something like a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that already has the built-in infrastructure to allow you to sell their products to your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. Or, maybe we do volunteer work or teach a community class about something we do well, i.e. math, gardening, cooking.
The MLM company provides a slick marketing presentation that convinces you that their product is "the best". But, in most cases, the products are low quality and/or over-priced in order to generate enough revenue to clear a profit. New clients such as yourself are bamboozled into pulling in your family and friends to buy this new-fangled MLM product that is "the best in the world".
Within a matter of several months, you discover that your focus has shifted from helping people to figuring out how to make more money. But, the only people who are really making a lot of money are the people at the top of the MLM pyramid.
After a few years, most people become disappointed and move on to a new MLM company, thinking that this time it's going to be better.
Note: If you are currently involved in network marketing with an MLM company, you have it within you to be successful by leveraging the infrastructure of the MLM company. But, even if you are already successful, we can still help you and show you how to grow your business beyond what you expect.
On the other hand, if you are struggling a little bit, we can still show you how to leverage your network marketing skills to be very successful. Based on the author's experience with network marketing, he has discovered that most network marketers inadvertently make the same 3 mistakes over and over, preventing them from creating multiple revenue streams for their business. This is addressed in the author's business training program to avoid these common mistakes.
Note: Some MLMers are unaware that they are nothing more than a free sales labor force for the MLM parent company! The MLM company reaps all the benefits and takes no risk -- they don't have to pay out any salaries or pay for any health benefits, while taking in huge sales revenues for overpriced products, while paying out a miserly commission! However, you can still reap tremendous benefits by leveraging the company's infrastructure to grow your business.
If you're not involved in the MLM business, maybe you're a community volunteer, or maybe you teach a community class about something that you do well, i.e. math, budgeting, gardening, cooking.
I went through this and quickly discovered that this type of MLM business model was seriously flawed for the majority. This led me to hundreds of others in similar businesses that were failing. So, I quickly learned not to make the same mistakes; and, how to "connect" with the customers.
I also went through this as a volunteer math tutor -- the organization that was sponsoring me benefited, the children benefited, but it didn't really put any money into my pocket -- not that I was looking to get paid. :-)
Note: For more details, refer to our MLM Business web page.
Author's Perspective: After I recovered from my near-death coma, I was asked to speak at several churches, several health fairs and a couple of conventions. But, I knew that all the interest and enthusiasm that people had about my miraculous recovery, would eventually dissipate and people would stop showing up for my talks and lectures.
I also realized that I couldn't afford to keep running around town doing lectures for free, especially with gas prices starting to rise. :-)
The talks and lectures started to become even more expensive when people and organizations outside my state would call or email me requesting me to speak in their city. As a result, I had to request that they pay for my room & board, and travel expenses (gasoline, airplane ticket); and, also pay for my time for doing the lecture.
So, you would think the number of requests would decrease, right?
But, instead the number of requests increased! And, because of the number of requests, I couldn't meet the demand. So, I trained others, and developed a train-the-trainer program.
As a result, my business grew beyond "just the book", which led me to other products and services for my business.
But, the key was I started in one niche market, became an expert in that niche market and, later, was able to expand to a new niche market.
Over the years we have met a lot of healthcare professionals (i.e health coaches, wellness consultants, nutritionists, nurses, dietitians, trainers, etc.) and other people trying to launch various health-related businesses, and we have discovered that they make the same 7 common mistakes over and over!
In fact, even experienced entrepreneurs make some of these mistakes! These mistakes include no business plan, no marketing plan, limited use of the 12 major marketing strategies and 6 marketing communication methods, no real passive income strategy, lack of multiple revenue streams, limited focusing on the wrong market, lack of drive/motivation, mismatched skills, lack of skills, poor branding, ineffective website, misuse of Internet tools & technology, poor networking, poor communications, and weak relationships.
The good news is that if you avoid these mistakes, you can make a lot of money and help a lot of people at the same time!
So, think about it: The health & wellness industry is growing and health coaching is growing, so why is the failure rate so high?
How do you avoid from failing? How do you avoid the 7 common mistakes that most health coaches and other healthcare professionals make, even the experienced ones?
If you want to learn how to avoid these mistakes and if you're really serious about starting a successful business, or generating multiple revenue streams, then, I recommend that you get my 300-page How to Start a Business With Little Money book.
This comprehensive 310-page business book is one-of-a-kind because it goes far beyond just explaining the business and marketing strategies. It explains step-by-step how to use the 12 key marketing strategies and the 6 marketing communication methods, which will grow your business and increase your revenues.
This book explains how to implement multiple revenue streams -- not just the one or two that most business people do! This book is one-of-a-kind because it shows you step-by-step how to implement these marketing strategies almost immediately and how to re-design your website to optimize your business and attract new customers all within 30-45 days!
If you want to improve your skills and help others improve their health and their understanding of nutrition; and, if you want to gain credibility while growing your health and nutrition-related business, then, get my How to Be An Effective Health Coach book.
Note: This book will still help you even if you are a life coach instead of a health coach.
According to the U.S. Gov Small Business Administration, the small business trends are positive with the business revenue increases, employment increases, and business bankruptcies trending down over the last few years.
However, the overall survival rate of startups as reported by SBA.gov follows a curve, which hasn't changed much in the last 15 years, where 80% survive the first 2 years of business, 50% survive year 5, but, only 25% of startups survive 15 years or longer. However, internet-based businesses have a much lower success rate of 50% for 2 years of business, 20% survive year 5, and, only 5% survive 10 years or longer.
About 70% of home-based businesses will succeed in their first 3 years, compared to 29% of other business ventures, according to the Home-Based Business Institute.
Annual Revenues of the Home Business Industry
Entrepreneur magazine estimates that $427 billion is generated each year by home-based businesses. Pittsburgh Business Times states that’s bigger than General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler all put together!
Spare time turns into full-time for 50% of home based business owners.
Female-owned businesses are being created at about twice the rate of male-owned business.
There’s an estimated 10.7 million self-employed women, a 77% increase since 1983, compared to a 6% increase in the number of self-employed men.
About 44 percent of all home-based businesses require less than $5,000 for startup costs.
The Internet Home Business Success Rate
Only 1 out of every 20 internet home-based businesses succeed. That's a 95% failure rate!
A well-structured and organized home business can develop numerous streams of income for you, including passive income that can enable you and your family to grow to be financially well-off and even develop lasting wealth (financial freedom).
You can improve your odds for success. For starters, you must be certain that you actually want to pursue a home business. Although you can get rich online, as millions have done, and even though it is quicker than traditional company ventures, creating an effective and profitable company takes knowledge, credibility, time, effort, and consistent work. Individuals who are looking for a way to get rich without putting in the work will eventually fail.
One more frequent pitfall of internet home-based businesses is trying to sell just one or two products, or products that are questionable or possible scams. Most of these types of businesses fail within 1-2 years, which can be quite frustrating for those who invested months of time trying to make it work.
Another pitfall is that entrepreneurs fail to invest in themselves and acquire the necessary knowledge and education that they need to successfully run a home-based business. Just because it's a "home" business does not mean you don't need to educate yourself! Take some courses and/or read some books on starting a business, and on network marketing and advertising.
Success of Home-based Businesses
As the economy clings stubbornly to a recession, the home-based business market still continues to grow. With record levels of unemployment and job uncertainty for those still employed, the investigation of home businesses and start-ups increases. Here are some statistics.
Home Business Growth: The number of home-based businesses ranges up to 38 million, depending on who is doing the counting (U.S. Census statistics). According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of home-based businesses in the U.S. exceeds 18.3 million businesses.
Home Office Households: In addition to home business activity, between 34.3 million and 36.6 million U.S. households have active home offices (research firm IDC), and these numbers are growing substantially. The number of U.S. households that operate a full or part-time home-based business exceeds 12 percent (Office of Advocacy, Small Business Administration).
Success Rate of Home Businesses: Although difficult to track, it is estimated that nearly 70% of home-based businesses succeed for at least a three-year period (compared to 29% outside the home business ventures). The higher success rate is due to the ability for home-businesses to be operated part-time around a day job.
Note: HBM estimates that 50% of the households in the United States will be involved in a home-based business.
You may be pleasantly surprised to know just how well health coaching is taking off as a career choice.
Studies which verify their effectiveness are beginning to gain traction, and corporations and physicians’ offices are beginning to take note.
Dr. Mehmet Oz has said that health coaches are crucial in changing the culture of wellness in America. More doctors now agree that health coaching will not only help the patient, but, will help the doctors as well. Why are doctors changing their minds about health coaching?
First of all, Alternative Medicine has been growing because people are tired of taking so many drugs offered by Western Medicine. People are looking at various therapies offered within Alternative Medicine because they're looking for non-drug solutions to their health issues.
Medical doctors in Western Medicine don't want to lose their patients to the world of Alternative Medicine. Hiring a health coach is a small price to pay to keep one''s patients.
In the meantime, because of the demand for non-drug therapies, and because of the growth of Alternative Medicine, the field of health coaching is growing even faster.
Within the field of Health Coaching, the demand for diabetes coaching is growing significantly faster than the other major types of health coaching (i.e. life coaching, weight loss coaching, general health coaching).
Why is the demand for diabetes health coaching growing so fast? Because diabetes (specifically Type 2 diabetes) has continued to grow at epidemic levels during the past 10 years.
As a result, the demand for more diabetes health coaches has continued to exceed the available supply of diabetes health coaches who truly understand the complexities of this disease. If you are looking for a field that is growing and will continue to grow for the next 20 years, then, diabetes health coaching is a great choice.
Note: Even though the demand for diabetes health coaching is growing, the available health coaching training programs do not adequately cover and explain the science of diabetes and nutrition.
As a result, most health coaches are not equipped to effectively help most Type 2 diabetics with their disease. This has led some companies such as the Death to Diabetes, LLC company to offer a health coaching business book and diabetes training program for health coaches who are interested in diabetes and are also interested in growing their business.
Health Coaching and Healthcare Costs
As opposed to a traditional health care system in which the patient is prescribed drug-focused treatments by their doctor, a health coach helps the patient to be more proactive in their medical care utilizing non-drug behavioral treatment methods such as dietary and lifestyle changes. The health coach can help in focusing on the aspects of the patient's health that is most important or most troubling, and work to find a treatment approach that meets the patient's personal needs.
With healthcare costs continuing to rise, and health crises (such as diabetes) so difficult to manage, this burgeoning field of health coaching aims to support clients and patients in taking better care of themselves for the short term and long term.
You can now find health coaches in your local doctor’s office, at your local pharmacy, or they can be hired by healthcare facilities (hospitals, private practices, etc.) or even business corporations as a part of a company’s preventive health care program.
Due to the rise of corporate wellness programs, companies want healthier employees to increase productivity and lessen health insurance claims which explains why health coaches are becoming more and more employed or consulted in this work setting. And, as credibility gets established, demand will grow even more.
Although most insurance companies may not yet cover health and wellness coach consultations, given the requests from so many employees, it may not be long before health insurance carriers add the health coaching service to their benefits packages.
If you are interested in starting your own health coaching or consultant business, you may want to consider taking an online training course. They are often affordable, self-paced, professional and can give you very specific information for your area of need or help you clarify your life direction and career path. For more details, refer to our blog post about training schools.
If you would like to become a personal health and wellness coach, you can begin your own business after taking an online health coaching certification program, including the program offered by the Death to Diabetes, LLC company.
Why Some Health Coaches Struggle
Although health coaching is one of the top-growing businesses in the wellness industry, it can still be a struggle in the beginning.
Unfortunately, some of us may inadvertently restrict our revenue growth and not even realize it! We also tend to make the same mistakes as other business entrepreneurs.
Some examples of those mistakes include (but are not limited) to the following:
- Trying to service everyone and ending up servicing no one.
- Underestimating your own experiences; and, failing to design your company around who you are -- your strengths and skill set and why you're really in the health coaching business.
- Note: Trying to do what someone else is doing is a recipe for failure.
- Not recognizing your true VOD or USP -- what separates you from your competition and why clients should come to YOU.
- Every business (no matter the size) performs 7 major functions. But we tend to focus on the obvious 1 or 2 functions, i.e. sales, marketing.
- Not getting the right training or not realizing what skills we're missing.
- Misusing or not taking full advantage of technology and all the free stuff out there (incl. those that will pay you!).
- Focusing on a market because that's what others are doing or because it "sounds good."
- Not putting the necessary infrastructure in place, i.e. website, blog, work processes, network, communication platforms, sw tools, etc.
- Not having a sound business plan, or having a plan that is weak or out-of-date.
Note: Obviously, you can make money without a business plan (I did and so have others). But, I found out later that I could make a LOT more money with a business plan (and infrastructure).
Everybody has ideas about starting a business, but most people don't act on those ideas. Why? Because they don't know how to get started.
When your business idea is fresh and exciting, it's easy to start without a thought to how it will pan out and whether it's really a good business idea for you. There's nothing worse than an unfulfilled idea. It can completely ruin your confidence. and your outlook on life. To prevent that from happening, use the following steps to guide you on your journey:
- Come up with an idea, product or service. Put it down on paper. You're more likely to succeed if you plan. Put down things like name of the business, the type of business, what resources you need, short and long term business and financial goals, etc.
- Figure out your strength (writing or speaking). Then, use that strength to communicate your message of health advocacy. For example, Mr. McCulley felt that he was a better writer than a speaker. Consequently, he focused on writing a book because it allowed him to utilize his writing skills. So, if you're better at writing, then, a book or ebook may be the best product to start developing. If you're better at public speaking, then, a CD, DVD, or being a trainer who teaches others may be a better place to start. Note: If you've written a book but it's not selling, then, you probably made 1 of the 7 common mistakes that first-time authors make when they write their first book.
- Leverage two of the greatest technological inventions available to all of us to start your business. Those two technological inventions are the personal computer (PC) and the Internet. More than 99% of homes in the U.S. have a TV, but less than 61% have a computer and access to the Internet! With a computer and access to the Internet, you can take full advantage of all the free software technology tools to build your own website, blog, write your own book, etc. Use these free software technology tools and platforms such as Google, YouTube, YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, etc. to empower you to live the life you meant to live!
- Use self-reflection to determine what significant problems you've overcome. All of us have had to overcome several significant problems during our lives such as a health problem. For example, Mr. McCulley had a serious health problem (diabetic coma) that he overcame.
- Use self-reflection to determine how you can use your skill set to help the less-fortunate. Many of us have had the opportunity to help the less-fortunate because we were good at something, like organizing an event or teaching others. For example, Mr. McCulley was a volunteer math tutor for one of the local high schools because he was so good at math.
- Define your business idea based on your strengths. Some people start a business because it's a great idea, but it turns out that it wasn't a great idea for that person! So, make sure that the great idea aligns with your strengths and skill set! For example, try to find a problem in your life that you had to overcome, and either write about it or speak about it. Why? Because no one can better explain how you overcame that problem better than you!
- If you are a health advocate, you can transform your advocacy into your own health and wellness business. Or, if you happen to be selling MLM health-related products, you can also transform that into your own health and wellness business.
- Don't try to be an expert in every area! Focus on one area, become an expert in that area, and then expand to another area. Because "health and wellness" is such a broad area that contains many niche markets, you must select a specific area to start your business.
- Develop a business plan and a marketing plan. You can't start a business that will be successful unless you have a business plan and a marketing plan! You must develop a business plan based on your business idea. A business plan is is a document that defines your business goals, the reasons why they are believed attainable, the plan for reaching those goals, a description of your products, and a description of your services. It may also contain background information about the organization attempting to reach those goals. A marketing plan is a written document that details the necessary actions to achieve one or more marketing objectives. It can be for a product or service, a brand, or a product line. Note: If you need help, contact our business office to set up a business consultation or get the How to Start a Small Business ebook/PDF to help you develop a business plan and a marketing plan for your new business.
- Sell the products of another company. If you don't have your own product to sell, you can sell the product(s) of another company by getting their products at bulk discount or by becoming an affiliate.
- Sell MLM products. Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)/Network Marketing is another way to sell someone else's products. Find a product that you believe in and sell it to your family, friends, co-workers, etc.; and, convince them to also sell the product. However, the problem with this approach is that it’s very close to a pyramid scheme and you can lose some friends or family members if you bug them too much. In essence, you make money from signing up people who sell the product. Do your own research first and make sure that the product really works -- don't rely on the company's research! Be true to yourself. Otherwise you will be wasting your time and you'll end up upsetting your family and friends.
- Develop and sell your own products! If you can write, then, publish a book or ebook -- it's easier than you realize! (We can show you how to write an ebook in 2 days!) If you're a good speaker, then, publish a CD or DVD. If you need help to figure out what product to develop, contact our business office. It's not as difficult as you think.
- Develop and sell your own services! If you're a good speaker, offer your services to be a keynote speaker at some event. If you're a good trainer, offer your services to train others. If you connect with people on a personal level, think about becoming a life coach, health coach, or counselor.
- Define your Unique Selling Proposition. Explain why people should buy from you instead of your competitors. Also, figure out how you're going to market your product. Newspapers? Website? Blog? Social Media? Through word of mouth?
- Develop your marketing and selling skills. If you don't have any experience with running a home-based business or selling a product, one way to get this experience is to become a multilevel marketing (MLM) person who sells health products for another company. Or, take an online college course or take a class at a local community college.
- Check out your competitors. How much are they selling a similar product for. Can you add something to it to make yours different and hence a better price?
- Chart your way to financial success. What price do you intend to sell your product or service for? How much will it cost you to produce? Work out a roughly estimated profit remembering to factor in fixed costs like rent, energy etc.
- Decide what type of business you would like to be -- an incorporation, LLC, etc. This is important for tax purposes. Also, this limits your liability exposure to possible law suits. You don't want your home-based business to be the cause of you losing your home and other assets!
- Think of how you're going to finance your business initially. The bank, venture capitalists, angel investors, SBA grants(government), your own savings are all options.
- Make your products and services available to customers using your marketing strategy above. Use (free) platforms such as Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to promote and sell your products.
- Build a website to sell your products beyond your local community. Keep in mind that selling products on the Internet is a lot different than selling the products locally in your hometown! If you need help with your first website or if you want to improve your current website, contact our office.
- Find a free web host provider to build and store your website or blog. Warning: If you build a website from a host provider that's not charging you, keep in mind that they own your website, not you!
- Find and pay a web host provider to build and store your website or blog. i.e. GreenGeeks, GoDaddy.com, BlueHost.com, Just Host.com, iPage.com.
- Keep a close eye on your running costs and keep them in-line with your projections. Financial tracking is important especially if you don't have unlimited finances.
- Get your bank, checking, business and other accounts in order right from the start. This will save you tedious work later.
- Get a merchant account. A merchant account is a contract under which an acquiring bank extends a line of credit to a merchant, who wishes to accept payment card transactions of a particular card association brand. Without such a contract, one cannot accept payments by any of the major credit card brands.
- Build your business locally. You know your community and the people in that community. If you can build your business locally, you can use that success to build your business beyond your local community, using the Internet.
- Build personal relationships. Building relationships is critical to the long-term success of your business. Making money is important in any business, but, you must build sound relationships with your customers, business contacts, media, and other entrepreneurs. You can use social media to help build your following, but, don’t forget about the personal contacts, the 1-on-1s, the speeches, the lectures, the coaching, the training classes. Personal contacts are far more important than the impersonal contacts via Facebook or Twitter.
- Write an ebook. Write and sell ebooks and other information products. Infopreneurs make up a new class of entrepreneurs, creating and marketing information products. If you have the skills of a writer and a researcher, this is ideal for making money working from home. But, most people are unaware of how to use all of the free technology and tools on the Internet to run a successful business from home. Instead, they waste their time submitting their articles to someone else's website! No!! Do it yourself! If you don't know how, call us.
- Get published. Write and publish your own book. Outside of getting on TV or the radio, there's nothing more powerful than writing your own book and getting it published. Then, sell your book locally, but, also market your book online to increase sales volumes and your royalties.
- Write online articles. A lot of sites such as Demand Studios will actually pay you to write various articles online. Some offer up front type payments for the work, but a majority of the sites offer revenue sharing. This means that depending on how many views your article may receive, you would get a percentage of the profit. Here's where the nice part comes in though. If you do get any acclaim with the article views, then the profit you receive is generally each month- forever. As long as the article continues to get views you're getting paid!
- Talk. Talk. Talk. But, record your talks, lectures and speeches. Then, create a CD or DVD to sell. This is especially great for people who don't like to write but love to talk. The key is to RECORD your talk -- we'll show you how to convert your talk to a CD, DVD and/or YouTube video -- and make money.
- Affiliate Blog. Build an affiliate blog, promote the blog, and use it to promote affiliate offers. Start with an affiliate site like ClickBank or Commission Junction.
- Write articles. Write for revenue sharing content sites, such as eHow, Xomba, HubPages, Suite101, Squidoo, Associated Content and Helium. Choose 2-3 sites to concentrate on and build up a large collection of articles on your chosen sites.
- Online Blogging. Some bloggers earn six-figure incomes from one niche blog. Once the blog is established, you will earn residual income from older posts as well as new ones. Again, having the skills of a writer and a researcher is ideal for making money as a blogger.
- Website Ads. Add well-placed ads to your website or blog from places like Google and Media.net If a visitor to your site clicks on the ad and buys something, you get paid! But, it takes a while to build this up because you have to have a lot of people coming to your site.
- Get the word out! Publicize! Advertise! Use street marketing (also called guerrilla marketing). It is all about getting your name out there and advertising your business with little or no money. It is about replacing an advertising budget with time, energy and imagination. Every day, tell someone about your business. More importantly, if you have an inspirational story (i.e. lost weight, survived a coma), tell that story instead! People love that stuff! If you need some examples of guerrilla marketing ideas, refer to the list at the bottom of this web page.
With the advent of the Internet, online businesses are probably the easiest way to start and very much less expensive in terms of start-up cost than an offline counterpart.
However, make certain that you put in the time and the money to increase your website's visibility on the Internet. If people can't find your website, they won't know about your products and services, and you won't make any money.
If you are interested in the health industry, there are hundreds of "health & wellness" areas, i.e. nutrition, supplementation, a specific disease, detox, fitness & exercise, alternative therapies, health coaching, weight loss, spirituality, training/workshops, webinars/seminars, controversial topics, etc.
If you like to write, then, write a book or an ebook.
If you like to talk, then, record your talk to create a CD or DVD.
If you can't write or speak that well to develop your own product, then, join an MLM company and sell their products.
You can sell someone else's book if it's a good book. Buy their book at bulk rate discount, so that you'll clear a profit selling their book at retail price (Contact us if you want to sell the author's book).
You can become an affiliate and get commissions for sales referrals.
A franchise is also a good option if you don't want to start from scratch and you have the money. A franchise is a great idea although the start-up capital is way too high for most people.
Find a direct selling company that will provide you the training and support. Most direct selling companies have low start up capital compared to a traditional brick and mortar business. You can also break even rather quickly compared to the traditional business.
Keep in mind to always provide VALUE to those who may be your customers.
Find a personal business mentor that you can trust and someone who is successful in business.
If you need help setting up your first website, contact our business office concerning your website design project.
Secondary Income for You and Your Family
This message is for any of you who like to help people or happen to be involved in the health and wellness industry, e.g. health coaches, life coaches, trainers, teachers, personal trainers, dietitians, nutritionists, diabetes educators, chiropractors, wellness consultants, health advocates, cooks/chefs, retired nurses & doctors, and other healthcare professionals, and people involved in the wellness business or multi-level marketing (MLM).
If you want to increase or create a secondary income for your family, or if you want to grow your current health-related business, we work with several other companies to provide several options, depending on your business goals and skill set:
How to Be An Effective Health Coach Book: explains how to improve your skills and help others improve their health. This will enable you to gain credibility and grow your health-related business.
How to Start/Grow Your Business Book: explains how to start a business with little or no money, and how to leverage your skills to grow your health-related or other online business.
Diabetes Health Coaching Program: trains health coaches as well as wellness consultants, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals about nutrition, health, disease pathology, etc. -- so that you can perform health coaching, lectures, and other services to their clients, who are seeking guidance with their health issues.
Training Certification Program: provides comprehensive training modules for nutrition, health, disease pathology, etc. for wellness consultants, dietitians, other healthcare professionals, and corporations (with wellness initiatives) to become certified Death to Diabetes consultants; and, provide health, nutrition and wellness training to members of their community, organization, company, etc. This will enable you to be seen as an expert, which will allow you to grow your business and increase your profits and revenues.
Train-the-Trainer Training Program: provides comprehensive training modules for nutrition, health, disease pathology, etc. for health coaches, wellness consultants, dietitians, other healthcare professionals, and corporations; also, provides health coaching and certification training, plus a downloadable CD talk-track, training book, and PowerPoint presentation slides that you can use to conduct lectures, workshops, corporate training, tele-seminars, and webinars to your clients. This will enable you to grow your business and increase your profits and revenues.
Free Website or Blog: provides you with a vehicle to increase your visibility on the Internet, share your message to millions of people, grow your business, and increase your profits and revenues. If you already have a website or blog, we can provide feedback and specific actions that will increase your visibility on the Internet and grow your customer base.
Book Writing: Everyone has a story, no matter who you are. But, most of us don't realize how special we are! Sharing your own personal story will inspire your children, your partner, other relatives, and friends; and, it provides you with a vehicle to increase your visibility on the Internet, share your message to millions of people, grow your business, and increase your profits and revenues. Learn how to get your book published, or how to get an ebook developed in less than 30 days.
Note: If you already have a book but it's not selling, then, you're making one or more the common mistakes that first-time authors make, e.g. Expecting the book to sell itself, lack of key words/content in the book, wrong title or misunderstood title, poorly-designed cover, lack of a clean, concise message or solution, no marketing plan for the book, wrong target audience, no website or blog promoting your book, not connecting with your target audience(s) on a daily basis, not enough content in the book and not enough in-depth research for you to be seen as an expert. Contact our office for help.
Most people get involved with starting their own health-related business because they improved their own health and want to share their experience with others.
If you were overweight and people noticed that you lost a lot of weight, more than likely, your family, friends and/or co-workers asked you how you did it.
And, so, you tell them and explain how you lost the weight; and, what you learned while you were losing the weight.
This happens to be the primary method that most people use to help others with their health -- they talk about it and share their own personal experience.
However, there is a second method that most people fail to use to help others with their health -- it is to write about it.
But, most people prefer talking about their experience instead of writing about it. Why? Because, talking about it is usually a lot easier for most people.
Ironically, what most people fail to realize is that talking about your health is actually the first step to writing about it! This is especially true if you talk about it almost every day or if you talk about it in public settings like at your church, or at a health fair or at some other community event.
And, if you have the foresight to record your talks, this will make it even easier to start writing your book!
One of the advantages to writing a book is that, if you have decided to start your own health business, one of the best ways to be seen as an expert, is to write a book! If you are a good writer who loves to write, this may be just what the doctor ordered.
The self-help book industry has been booming in recent years, due to more people looking for non-drug alternative ways to treat diseases such as Type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and cancer.
People are constantly searching for ways to improve their lives, especially in the areas of health, finances, and relationships.
And, if you think about it, three of the top problems that most of us have to deal with during our lives are (1) problems with our health; (2) problems with our finances; and, (3) problems with relationships.
Some of the many (health-related) topics that people write about include topics such as personal challenges, diabetes, nutrition, weight loss, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue, exercise, food, recipes, lifestyle changes, and spiritual enlightenment, just to name a few.
Becoming an author is a great way to gain credibility and build your customer base -- as long as you write a book that talks to your target audience. And, because there are so many free tools and technologies, writing a book and getting published is a lot easier today.
In fact, we can show you how to write an ebook in 48 hours and offer it as a gift or sell it as a product! Just contact our office for details.
Now, you may be thinking: If it's so easy, then, why don't more people write a book?
Well, there are 5 major reasons why most people don't write a book:
- Time: Most people don't believe that they have the time to write a book about their health. Yet, most people have the time to talk about their health. Tip: You can turn your talk into an audio book within 24 hours!
- Humility/Humbleness: Most people underestimate their own lives, and don't believe they have anything to write about that would be of interest to other people.
- Motivation: Most people aren't really driven or motivated to write a book.
- Writing Skills: Some people believe that they have to know how to write well to write a book. Most people are unaware that you can write a book by talking! (e.g. audio book).
- Publishing Skills: Most people don't know how to get published. Most people think that getting a book published is a complicated and expensive process -- it's not!
The good news is that if you really want to help people and if you're truly driven and motivated, you'll find the time to write your book or get recorded. Then, once you write a manuscript (or get recorded), you can get published and become a first-time author within a few weeks!
Can I Write a Book?
Of course you can! Despite what you have heard, it's really not that hard to write a book -- if you really want to ...
Let's take a look at the 5 major reasons why most people never get around to writing a book.
1. Time: Most people believe that they don't have the time to write a book.
It doesn't require a lot of time. It's really about your priorities. Have you noticed that you find time to do other things? Change your priorities and you'll find the time! Also, don't try to do too much at one time. Set aside 15-20 minutes each day; and, work yourself up to 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and an hour.
If you don't like to write, you can record your talk and create an audio book!
2. Motivation: Most people aren't really driven or motivated to write a book.
This is a tough one. If you're not really motivated, it's going to be difficult. So, try to find a reason why you should write the book. Think about how you overcame personal challenges and improved your health.
Or, think about someone or something that you really love, for example, your children, or your husband, or your wife, or your partner, or your lifestyle.
Then, think about how your book could make their lives easier or how the book may change your lifestyle.
3. Writing Skills: Some people don't know how to write.
Actually, you don't really need to know how to write with today's technology! If you like to talk, then, get a portable recorder and record what you have to say.
Then, use an audio editor to edit your mp3 file; and, voila! -- you're just a couple steps away from having your book on an audio CD disk!
4. Nothing to Say (Humility): Most people are humble and don't believe they have anything to write about that would be of any interest to other people. Or, they don't believe they're an expert at anything that they can write about.
Actually, we're all experts at something, usually through our job or other work experience.
But, some people, such as housewives, believe that since they don't have any work experience in Corporate America, they have nothing to write about.
Well, nothing could be further from the truth! A woman who has raised 2 children and put them through college -- well that's a story! There are people out there who will want to know how you did it!
Think about any major problem you have had to overcome in your life -- these make great stories and the foundation for a self-help book!
Examples include: losing weight, raising kids, growing a garden, planning a wedding, setting up a major church event, helping your parents, surviving bankruptcy, helping your alma mater, being a health advocate for your community, running a health fair, being a math tutor, being a mentor for high school students, cooking/baking, singing, being the peacemaker in family arguments, ... the list goes on and on!
5. Publishing Skills: Most people don't know how to get published.
With today's technology, getting published is pretty easy -- as long as you have the money to pay a publisher. In fact, even if you don't have the money, you can still get published! -- assuming you have the MS Word processing, editing, and book cover design skills yourself.
And, even if you don't have these skills, you can still get your book published. This is where we can help you since the author of "Death to Diabetes" has gone through all of this himself. Just contact our office for a free consultation with the author -- he'll get you going in the right direction and will show you how to get your book published in 30 days!
Book Writing Tips
Here are some tips to help you if you're really serious about writing a book:
Use your own life and work experiences to write about a topic that you are most knowledgeable, skilled and comfortable to talk about. Keep notes or a journal of your journey to improving your health.
Write a bio, based on how you overcame your health problem and improved your overall health. Think about your family, work, and life experiences and how they guided you to this point.
Don't underestimate your own life -- you may not think your life is important or exciting because you're living it. But, there are events and challenges in your life that you overcame that could help someone else.
Don't be shy or bashful -- be open and honest; and, expand on the challenges you had to overcome and explain what motivated you to get better, e.g. I wanted to see my children grow up and go to college.
Put together a 1-page pamphlet that summarizes your story of recovery and improving your overall health. Define a set of steps that explains how you recovered. And, don't forget to include your name, contact information, and, a nice photo. Then, make copies of the pamphlet on various colored papers to hand out at health fairs, church events and other community events.
Also, convert the pamphlet into a PDF and offer it as a free "ebook" on your blog or website.
Conduct in-depth research for your topic area. Find out what experts in that topic area have to say. Figure out what you have to offer that would be beneficial to your potential readers.
Conduct a market survey of your key competitors and determine how to position your book to sell (with a great hook). This is one of the biggest secrets for turning your book into a top-seller!
Of course, I wouldn't really worry about doing any market research in the beginning -- unless you don't believe your health problem is a big problem.
FYI: I remember when I was trying to convince my mother and my daughter that there was no need to for me to write a book about diabetes, because there were already thousands of books written about diabetes.
But, when I started doing the research, I discovered that most of the diabetes books were written by doctors and so-called marketing experts who hadn't experienced dealing with the disease. They were writing from a theoretical perspective!
Consequently, there was a strong need for a book about diabetes, written from the perspective of someone who had actually lived with the disease and beaten the disease.
Note 1: The business of writing self-help books is about establishing credibility as an expert in your subject area. If you expect readers to seek your book for advice, you need prove you aren’t just an amateur. So, it’s important to complete extensive research. The use of statistics can help you make points, show how certain techniques work, or let your readers know they’re not alone.
Note 2: Part of your research should include getting to know your target audience. Examine the type of person that you’ll be writing for, so you can develop a positive rapport and gain their trust by understanding who they are. It’s okay to address your reader as “you” and refer to yourself as “I.” This develops a warm and supportive tone that is imperative in a self-help book.
More Book Writing Tips
Organize your thoughts and develop an outline. Build your book around a framework of headings and subheads to help your reader easily follow along. If you're good with pictures, then, develop a flow chart or diagram that represents the structure of your book. Use a step-by-step method to explain your "program" and to avoid confusion.
Focus on just one skill or theory in each chapter, helping the reader know what they should be taking away from the material. Then, expand on each chapter to build the manuscript for your book. Use shorter paragraphs to limit each paragraph to a single idea.
Remember to stay focused on the practical – inspirational sentences and theories can be helpful, but overuse may overwhelm the reader.
Have your manuscript properly edited by a professional. You want to ensure that people don't find misspellings, typos and grammar being utilized incorrectly.
Select a great title to reach your target audience.
Come up with design for your book cover and find a reputable professional designer to design your cover as a high res JPEG and a PDF.
Make sure you tell your story as part of the book. Why? because stories sell. These Your story will create a connection with your reader and target audience.
Provide a fresh point of view that is different from other books in your genre.
For a self-help book, provide a simple solution that is easy for your readers to understand and implement. Make it as easy as possible for your readers to see how they can implement your instructions.
Speak their language, that is the language of your target audience. Speak in your voice or the voice of the reader to "connect" with your readers.
For more details about writing your first book, contact our office or sign up for a training class.
One of the most important things that you can do while writing or after writing a book is getting the word out. One of the best ways to do that is to talk, talk, talk, and keep talking. :-)
Talk to others about your recovery and the challenges you faced, and exactly how you overcame your health problem.
There is no better way to promote your book (without actually promoting your book)than by just telling your story! Most people get turned off by authors who push their book. But, most people love a good story!
Don't just talk in formal settings. Talk to people while standing in the grocery store line. Talk to people while standing in line at the post office. Talk to people at work, at church, in the parking lot!
Think of ways to engage people about health. Explain to people why you're drinking a green smoothie. Explain to people why you have 12 boxes of frozen vegetables in your shopping cart. :-)
Where to Start:
Step 1a: The most important part of successful promoting or advertising is to figure out exactly who your customers are, where they are, and how to reach them.
Step 1b: Look for non-traditional places to share your story with others, e.g. post office, grocery store, the mall, church, a health fair, work, etc. Always carry some 1-page pamphlets to hand out to people. Tip: Use a bright color for the pamphlet so that it stands out.
Step 2: Once you know your target market or where they reside, speak to them directly. That means coming up with a message from your book that fits your customers.
Step 3: The hardest part of advertising your book is figuring out how to reach your target market. In the beginning, it’s a good idea to start locally. Visit churches, go to health fairs, get on the radio, get interviewed, get some testimonials, etc.
Step 4: Make sure your advertising is memorable and professional. Remember, first impressions are important. Create a great tagline, or slogan that people won’t forget! Add humor to your personal story.
Step 5: These days, having a good website is important. You can create a website for little to nothing. Make sure your website has all of the information your customers need about your book and your other products and services; plus, pricing, directions, and specials!
Ideas for local advertising:
Get interviewed on the local radio stations -- if you have a good story, it won't cost you anything! But, focus on your story, not the book!
Get your story into one of the local newspapers. It doesn’t have to be a city wide newspaper. Your town may have a penny saver or small alternative newspaper and your neighborhood may also have a local newsletter or neighborhood paper.
Step 6: Contact Amazon.com (CreateSpace) and get your book sold online. Amazon will send you a monthly commissions check, based on your book sales! Tip: If you have your book published by CreateSpace, it will automatically be added to the Amazon store.
If you're not sure what to do next, or if you want to know more about starting or growing your business, then, get the author's and ex-diabetic engineer's How to Start a Home Business ebook and/or the How to be a Great Health Coach ebook.
These are inexpensive ebooks that will guide you on your journey and explain how to get started without investing a lot of money upfront and, yet, save you a lot of wasted time, especially in the beginning.
If you already have a business and you want to grow your business and revenues, then, consider the ex-diabetic's comprehensive Health Coaching & Business Training Program -- the online/physical kit version or the less expensive online-only version.
Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2016. Death to Diabetes, LLC. All rights reserved.