Author Sidebar: During my years with the American Diabetes Association (ADA), I spent a lot of time talking to hundreds of diabetics and taking notes.
During that time I discovered that most diabetics make the same mistakes!
The 7 Mistakes That Diabetics Make
The 7 most common mistakes that diabetics make include:
1. Eating cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. These foods actually fuel your diabetes! In addition, most diabetics eat what they believe are healthy foods, but, it turns out that these foods actually fuel their diabetes!
2. Focusing on losing weight. Trying to lose weight and focusing on counting calories may work in the short term, but, at the end of the day, you're still diabetic!
3. Skipping breakfast or some other meal. Some diabetics skip breakfast because they think it will help to lower their blood glucose. Yes, it will help to lower your blood glucose, but, eventually, you'll have to eat -- and, because you put your body into starvation mode, this may destablize your blood glucose andtrigger fat storage, which will make your diabetes even worse in the long run!
Skipping a meal puts your body into starvation mode such that when you do eat, your body converts the food to fat! In addition, since Type 2 diabetes is a disease of nutrient deficiencies and cellular starvation, not eating doesn't address these problems.
4. Performing blood glucose testing. Most diabetics test their blood glucose to determine how many carbs they can eat or how much insulin they need to take. Testing your blood glucose is great, but, not using the data to determine how to reverse your diabetes is a major mistake!
5. Exercising. Most diabetics either don't exercise or they exercise incorrectly or at the wrong time of day. Also, most diabetics eat the wrong foods before or after exercising -- by eating the right foods, you can multiply the benefit of exercising!
6. Addiction. Most diabetics fail to realize that their bodies are biochemically addicted to the processed foods and fast foods. Why is this important to know? Because most of us beat ourselves up when we fall off the wagon because we blame ourselves. It's not you -- it's not your lack of will power -- it's the chemicals in the food!
7. Denial of the Disease and Belief in Your Doctor. Some diabetics are in denial of their diabetes and don't expect that they will have to face amputation, blindness, kidney failure, heart attack or stroke. They refuse to believe the medical statistics and clinical findings that show that all diabetics, assuming they live long enough, will experience one or more of these complications.
Don't make the mistake and believe that somehow the medications you're taking are going to stop this from happening to you -- they won't ...
Another related mistake that many diabetics make is that they put all their trust and faith in their doctors. They believe that the drugs are working because they lower their blood glucose. Even after years of taking the drugs, most diabetics fail to realize that the drugs have done absolutely nothing to stop the progression of the diabetes.
How can you tell? Well, if you've been diabetic more than 5 years, then, you're probably taking more drugs and higher dosages today than what you were taking 5 years earlier.
The Price of Mistakes
These mistakes may not seem that critical, but, if you continue making these kinds of mistakes, they build up; and, eventually, you'll find yourself facing one of the major diabetic complications, such as retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy, or heart disease.
And, if you continue making more mistakes, these diabetic complications will eventually lead to amputation, blindness, kidney failure, heart attack or stroke.
But, you can stop this from happening to you! If you struggle with making mistakes or with making changes, don't give up! The author had the same problems that you are struggling with now! And, if he can overcome a near-death diabetic coma and 4 insulin shots a day, then, you can learn from him and overcome your own health problems!
If you want more information about these 7 mistakes and how to develop countermeasures for these mistakes along with several of the major myths about diabetes, then, fill out this form to obtain a free download of the author's "The 7 Mistakes That Diabetics Make" ebook.
FYI: The "Death to Diabetes" book has become one of the top-selling diabetes books in the country while helping thousands of diabetics.
"Death to Diabetes" has recently been rated as one of the top-rated medical books and top-rated health books in the country, by several medical groups and health groups!
The book is now being sold internationally in countries such as the United Kingdom, Canada, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Australia, and Brazil.
If you want to understand how the author beat the disease that you're struggling with, then, listen to his story ...
DeWayne McCulley Reverse Diabetes Story.mp3
How You Can Reverse Your Diabetes:
How to Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes.mp3
Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Copyright © 2018. Death to Diabetes, LLC. All rights reserved.